interesting soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting soloist

Hey guys i got an interesting one for ya.
    A customer came in to work today to sell a '88 soloist dbl hum. I think its an 88. Its a custom shop ordered to his specs around that time frame. Anyway the guitar is black dual hum with the jt590 trem back routed but not completely and its a top mounted trem. single volume no tone with a 3 position blade switch below the neck pup. (kind of an odd place for a switch as its right in the way of the strummin hand). The cool thing is the Inlays. normal sharkies up to the 12th fret then reversed sharkies after the 15th fret and up. with a reverse headstock too. Its kind of cool lookin. The seriel number is J5567. The neck is pretty thin kinda like a Kelly or King V. It has the old shannon soloist style neck heal but its still comfortable and doesnt seem too big. Anyway since i hadnt had to much experience with custom shop stuff I thouhgt yous guys would know sometin i didnt as far as value. The boss at work and my regional dept mgr both said no more than 400 bucks street value. But then they dont know shit from shineola when it comes to Jackons especailly custom shop ones.
    Any help would be great and if anybodies interested let me know. He wants to sell it.
    Thanks
    Gil

Re: interesting soloist

Pics!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Tell him I'll give him $500 for it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

$505 here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Yea pics!
          I would love to have a 2hum Soloist if the one is right.

Comment

510! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

The only thing that throws it off for me is the switch being under the neck pickup. Sounds like it may be outside of the contro cavity route. Is the control cavity bigger than the ontario route?

Pics!!!!!
              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

The inlays sound kinda cool but a pic would probably seal the deal for someone here.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

The switch placement ruins it for me. If it were only in a normal location. Sounds cool as hell besides the switch. I just picked up a Soloist that is 2 numbers up from that serial number. So it's an '89. My favorite year for Jackson's.
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  We must increase the bust!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!
                  The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I dont have pics cus i didnt have my cheap ass camera with me cus i didnt expect anything like this to come in. The control cavity is small theres just one knob in it. THen there is a seperate cavity with a cover for the switch. so i guess you could say theres two control cavities. The switch is kinda what kills it for me too. but its still a way cool guitar.
                    Gil

Comment

Well, Gil, maybe you can take your camera to work with you, in case cool guitars come walking in. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        The cool thing is the Inlays. normal sharkies up to the 12th fret then reversed sharkies after the 15th fret and up.

[/ QUOTE ]I actually had an idea for reverse sharks up to the 12th and 15th up normal. I'd love to see pics of this one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          The boss at work and my regional dept mgr both said no more than 400 bucks street value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kick them in the balls.

$550. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X