Can someone please fill me in on the last 10 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please fill me in on the last 10 years

I haven't made any guitar equipment purchases in the last ten years, except for strings and leads. I totally lost track of the whole scene; I barely even saw a guitar magazine, let alone went into a guitar shop, so I have no idea what Charvel or Jackson have done in that time.
    About 6 years ago I did wander into one shop, and I saw a brand new, US made Charvel with a Strat headstock, and I didn't know what the hell was going on. I thought all Charvels were made offshore.

Anyway, I'm about ten years behind on Jackons and Charvels, so I'm hoping someone has some links to a detailed recent history of the companies.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Can someone please fill me in on the last 10 years

bump [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Charvel production was moved to Japan in the mid `80s, although there were some USA "reissue" models and such in the mid `90s. Most of the Charvel imports, and the Jackson imports that followed, were made in Japan. There were some made in Korea and possibly elsewhere that weren't nearly as nice as the Japanese stuff. Then the Charvel line was dropped for a few years.

Charvels reappeared a few years ago, again built in Japan and with pretty nice specs. Now there is a new Charvel USA line.
      sigpic

Comment

wow

thanks

Comment

You can find lots of history info on these sites:

www.jacksonmuseum.com
          www.sandimascharvel.com
          www.jacksoncharvelworld.net
          www.usacharvels.com
          www.jimshine.com

Comment

Fender bought Charvel, which is why you are seeing USA strat heads again.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Re: Can someone please fill me in on the last 10 y

Only one really notable thing happened in the last 10 years.... Fender bought Jackson. Other than that, not much has really changed.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
              X