No announcement yet.

Chances of USA's ever getting SS frets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of USA's ever getting SS frets?

Anyone ever heard any word or talk of the USA models getting SS frets? Ive heard nothing but good things about them, and id love to have them for the sole fact of having a better setup that will STAY that way. I was at L&M today and played a Parker Fly. It was used and one of the store guys, but he said he has owned it for years and never had any fret work done, and they felt great and the setup was AWESOME! That combined with their fancy neck that likely doesnt shift much, and you have a pretty cool guitar!

If not for the painted neck, I likely woulda bought one along the way! (as u can tell, im REALLY anti painted neck!)

Re: Chances of USA\'s ever getting SS frets?

They are great.
    I had a guitar with SS frets.
    It is hard to nitice the differences in sound but what I know is they last longer.

Comment

I definately can notice the difference in sound, and I don't like it. Stainless steel frets make the guitar too brittle sounding IMO. And you will break more strings, because the frets are so hard that they just tear the strings apart. Yes, fretwork is annoying, but it is the price I'm willing to pay for tone and string life.

Comment

I definitely can notice the difference in sound, and I don't like it. Stainless steel frets make the guitar too brittle sounding IMO. And you will break more strings, because the frets are so hard that they just tear the strings apart. Yes, fretwork is annoying, but it is the price I'm willing to pay for tone and string life.

Comment

I agree. I think they make the tone brittle-bright.
          I'll stick with normal frets and have them dressed once a year or whatever.

Comment

I actually like wearing my frets out! I don't call it "wearing out" though. I call it "breaking in".
            Imagine, a graphite fretboard/neck with SS frets. Where's the fun in that?

Comment

I had a Parker Fly Deluxe too...and I loved the SS frets...just for a change from the norm I guess.
              It was an everyday player for a while too when I had it.

I didn't go thru a lot of strings, but I also tended to play a little softer on that particular guitar.
              (as opposed to the way I hammer on any of my other guitars)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I actually like wearing my frets out! I don't call it "wearing out" though. I call it "breaking in".
                Imagine, a graphite fretboard/neck with SS frets. Where's the fun in that?

[/ QUOTE ]
                My guitar teacher's Modulus is one of the nicest guitars I've ever played.

Comment

I do want to see an all carbon/steel guitar. It would be really interesting.

Comment

I just got a used Anderson with the SS frets. I don't really notice a big difference other than the feel with vibrato. Can't decide if I like it or not.

Comment

how often do you need to get frets redressed im sure it depends how much you play but i have never needed it done but maybe i do and just dont know it.

Comment

Do you think you can specify SS on custom shop guitars? There isn't that option specified but perhaps you could ask?

Comment

Working...
                        X