NAMM Pics... FINALLY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NAMM Pics... FINALLY!!

Seems like 1 hum guitars is the trend [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Cool. Perhaps you haven't lost my three sales then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read back a few posts. I already tried this, and the order was rejected.

Sorry if I've seemed harsh so far, but I'm really disappointed. And I think J/C should understand that, because of the changes, they are going to lose some real sales. I am an example of that.

I'll stop whining now. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Seems like 1 hum guitars is the trend [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, for the custom shop NAMM pieces. Try to order a 1-hum USA Select and see what happens. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Yep, they nead a 1 Hum production Soloist, preferably with a mahogany body and black hardware. Jack.

Comment

...and 27 frets!

Comment

... and no tone control!

Comment

...and string-thru!!!

*pisses into every shredders cornflakes* [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I guess all the 1-hum crap is to pay homage to Eddie since he's on tour again.. Coincidense? I think not.. Who is endorsing him now??

The power of Eddie is amazing..

Great pics Matt!! THat tribal/flamey thingy-majiggy is THE FUKKIN BOMB!.. I'd love to be proud owner... SH-AWING!!!!!!!

Comment

How about dropping trans black? That always looked completely stupid IMO. Gloss black is great, but Trans Black? WTF!? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    And Gun Metal Grey - I've not seen a color that is so blah as GMG.

As for dropping certain unpopular finishes, it's not so much a case of "we're not gonna do it" as it is a case of "we've got xx gallons of this sh1t that only 3 people have ordered in a year, and it's rotting in the cans and costing us money both in lost R.O.I. and taxes, so it's gotta go to a "Custom Shop Only" status, and we'll hafta resell what we've got on-hand and just buy some if/when we get an order for it"

If you'll check the Custom Shop price lists, many similar colors fall under the "No Extra Charge" heading, or at least have "ask" substitutes. I'm sure you could get RasBurst on a CS for the cost of any other trans/burst.

That Wolbers Camo looks like the same camo on the AMS Kelly.

One-hum wonders are for no-talent hacks who don't have the brains or skill to use other pickups - same thing for the 'No Tone Knobs' bunch [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think I mentioned this, but if most of the dropped colours / graphics are available for an extra charge on the Charvel line, why not on the Jackson line as well?
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

An interesting point - maybe to have more separation between the two lines? No sense in having a Shattered Glass Charvel pointyhead Strat AND a Shattered Glass Jackson Dinky in the same lineup.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I am disappointed about the color changes. I have been working with Scott to get an SL2H or SL2HT in Amber Sunburst but I will not have the money until the middle of year. Now since it is discontinued, I guess I won't be getting one at all. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

However, I have been looking at the JS1200CA; and I always wanted a Yngwie Strat. Both of those guitars are cheaper than a SL2 now anyways since the price increases. I guess the other option would be to try and find an Amber Sunburst used.

I am also wondering where Jackson is taking their company. One of the things I liked about Jackson was that they offered quality guitars, at reasonable prices, that were refreshingly different from the domination of Gibson and Fender. Now it seems that with the price increases, the product lines and color options discontinued, that they are moving away from being different to being the same. Maybe that is good and they will sell more guitars that way. I don't know. I am concerned that the glory days of Jackson might be over.
                          Jackson: DK1
                          Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            How about dropping trans black? That always looked completely stupid IMO. Gloss black is great, but Trans Black? WTF!? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

One of the hottest finishes! Just look at Huntin doug's SlatQ

SlatQ and Rasberry needs to stay!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

One-hum wonders are for no-talent hacks who don't have the brains or skill to use other pickups - same thing for the 'No Tone Knobs' bunch [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes more talent and experience to get a selection of tones from a 1 pickup than 2 or 3.
                              If you don't have the ability to get a good tone with one pickup, having 2 or 3 will not make you sound any better.
                              Use the right tool for the job which, for some of us no talent hacks who've been playing for 30 years, is a 1 hum guitar.

Comment

"One-hum wonders are for no-talent hacks who don't have the brains or skill to use other pickups - same thing for the 'No Tone Knobs' bunch "

Newc

It had to be a joke.... He could not have really thought something that dumb.
                                H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X