X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NAMM Pics... FINALLY!!

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Cool. Perhaps you haven't lost my three sales then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read back a few posts. I already tried this, and the order was rejected.

Sorry if I've seemed harsh so far, but I'm really disappointed. And I think J/C should understand that, because of the changes, they are going to lose some real sales. I am an example of that.

I'll stop whining now. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I had read that after I posted. So I went back and changed my post with the "Perhaps". McD said that they'll still be available so I'll give it a shot but with your experience, I'm expecting it to not turn out the way I want it. Though, BC is still available through the Custom Shop so I guess I'll skip the BC SL1 and get the 7 string Soloist I want. The colors being dropped still blows though. Especially Black Cherry and Black Forest. F*CK THAT SH*T!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

All this guitar talk is well and good but I just found out my flight back to Boston tomorrow is cancelled due to a massive blizzard and now I can't get home until Tueday!!

What the hell am I going to do in sunny, warm, palm tree covered southern California for 2 more days?????

Seriously, I'm stuck out here... if anyone needs to contact me I have access to email and should be able to answer your questions just as quickly as I would if I was home at the shop. I'll just be warmer in California than I'd be in Massachusetts!

Matt
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Tuesday, you lucky guy. I just called on my flight and im still on for leaving LAX at 8:30AM into Newark. We will see...

I added more pics on my NAMM page, and Phil C. stopped at the booth for a few....

Brooks
        www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Hey Matt!
          Enjoy your stay in California.
          Maybe you should go to Huntington Beach and surf.
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That sounds like a pretty good idea actually. Wait a second... I don't know how to surf! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

You whiners make me laugh! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "Oooh, Jackson just lost MY sale!" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Listen, Jacksons are selling like hotcakes! I talked with John Walker a little bit today, he said the only limitation is factory space. Custom Shop time frame is currently 8 to 12 months. Obviously FMIC/JCMI is doing things right....you guys gotta "shit or get off the pot" [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Jackson isn't relying on the relatively small amount of "JCFers who buy new" to stay in biz...

BTW, GMW is no longer doing pointy headstocks, Paddok just ordered the last one! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

When they bought Jackson IIRC, they were shooting for 120 days for completion of all orders. They haven't really improved AMIC's turn around time.
                Getting a recent CS guitar, I know they haven't improved on moronic mistakes there. I don't know who is selling all the Jacksons but when I go to the local Guitar Center all they have is imports. I don't know of a store in the area that carries USAs.
                They're selling so fast, they dropped half the line. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                McD made it sound like the KV2T is on the bubble too.
                I suppose JW told you Charvels are just flying out the doors too. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                I could see them jacking the prices if they improved the line, but I don't think they have.
                They've increased marketing which is good, but doesn't warrant the price increase for the same **** up guitars AMIC was pushing out the door at the end of their reign.
                On the other hand, I like the import sig guitar spec, but not the artists they are endorsing.
                I still hope they get their shit together, but for now, I'm on a wait and see mode.
                BTW, I'm strongly considering a GMW and the fact that they may not be able to do a pointy headstock won't change that.
                There are plenty of other cool heads out there.
                Just my .02 as usual.

Comment

In my book Charvel gets the big poop award for thier lineup. I'm not a Charvel-o-phile to the extent of some folks here. I don't care what headstock they use, or if they have 3d plates, etc. But man, they couldn't have had a more boring lineup. I hope I missed it on the new price list but they don't seem to have a production model with a flame top? $2k plus for a guitar with no flame is crapola. I was hoping they would make Ralph E. (I think it was his) Solar 25th a production model. I bought a new pointy late last year and it beat my expectations in quality, tone, craftsmanship. Going custom is a PIA as I am finding out with my Jackson order. How about making more of these models instead of red-lining the yawn-o-meter [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]?

Comment

Wow, it's so plain [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

> McD made it sound like the KV2T is on the bubble too.

I wasn't implying that, I'm just saying - I co-designed that model and I'm happy to see people are still interested in it! Don't read into it, take it for what it's worth -> LOL!

[ QUOTE ]
                      When they bought Jackson IIRC, they were shooting for 120 days for completion of all orders. They haven't really improved AMIC's turn around time.
                      Getting a recent CS guitar, I know they haven't improved on moronic mistakes there. I don't know who is selling all the Jacksons but when I go to the local Guitar Center all they have is imports. I don't know of a store in the area that carries USAs.
                      They're selling so fast, they dropped half the line. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      McD made it sound like the KV2T is on the bubble too.
                      I suppose JW told you Charvels are just flying out the doors too. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                      I could see them jacking the prices if they improved the line, but I don't think they have.
                      They've increased marketing which is good, but doesn't warrant the price increase for the same **** up guitars AMIC was pushing out the door at the end of their reign.
                      On the other hand, I like the import sig guitar spec, but not the artists they are endorsing.
                      I still hope they get their shit together, but for now, I'm on a wait and see mode.
                      BTW, I'm strongly considering a GMW and the fact that they may not be able to do a pointy headstock won't change that.
                      There are plenty of other cool heads out there.
                      Just my .02 as usual.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Wow, it's so plain [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the devil, Newc.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          How about dropping trans black? That always looked completely stupid IMO. Gloss black is great, but Trans Black? WTF!? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the hottest finishes! Just look at Huntin doug's SlatQ

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... that's now my SLATQH. I bought it from Doug right at the end of December. And it is a beautiful finish, I agree!

- E.
                          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Some of Trans Black I have seen are bit strange(they look more like Trans Gray) especially on Soloist but the ones I have seen on JCF are all great especially Doug and Jim's SLATQHs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Some of Trans Black I have seen are bit strange(they look more like Trans Gray) especially on Soloist but the ones I have seen on JCF are all great especially Doug and Jim's SLATQHs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I´ve noticed that too.
                              My trans black SLSMG looks like what I think trans black should look like, but I´ve seen guitars here that looks very different finishwise.
                              Why? Is it just the picture, (light), or what?
                              I´m thinking of trans black for my CS Rhoads but I don´t want it to end up grey...

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...o=&fpart=1

Scroll down to the first pic and you see what I (we) mean. Supersweet guitar, but still don´t how I thinkt trans black looks like.

Comment

Working...
                                X