Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NAMM Pics... FINALLY!!

[ QUOTE ]
    There goes my silver swirl RR1 (dammit!!) [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think VWALL has one in stock... Contact him
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      You whiners make me laugh! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "Oooh, Jackson just lost MY sale!" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Listen, Jacksons are selling like hotcakes! I talked with John Walker a little bit today, he said the only limitation is factory space. Custom Shop time frame is currently 8 to 12 months. Obviously FMIC/JCMI is doing things right....you guys gotta "shit or get off the pot" [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Jackson isn't relying on the relatively small amount of "JCFers who buy new" to stay in biz...

BTW, GMW is no longer doing pointy headstocks, Paddok just ordered the last one! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You naled it.. The reason Jackson is discontinuing the models is the Jackson demand is super high right now the Custom shop is slammed and they need to streamline a little. I wonder how many raperry bursts sold alst year?
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

This is my favorite trans black that I've ever seen. It's an import too... go figure. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The others are a little too brown for my tastes.

Comment

There should be a group pic showing up soon of some of the JCF guys while Phil was there. I Kevin and I told him basially what this was and what we all do and he was cool with some pics...

Brooks
          www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

I saw Trans Black in person at Summer NAMM on that Archtop Death Angel. Feh. I just don't see the attraction in covering a flametop with black so you can barely see the flame, yet the flame is there.
            Flame/curl/whatever figuring is meant to be shown off and readily visible - the whole "have to get close to see what's underneath" thing is nice and artsy-fartsy, but it's also cliche and trite.
            That sorta thing would work better as a paint effect than ruining a piece of flamed maple.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

You naled it.. The reason Jackson is discontinuing the models is the Jackson demand is super high right now the Custom shop is slammed and they need to streamline a little. I wonder how many raperry bursts sold alst year?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have more info on this; I'll do a separate post. Basically all the discontinued colors were not popular at all saleswise. 1 to 3 sales per year was the figure I got from John W.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Having only been around for a little while I can only comment on what I have seen. It seems that every time around NAMM you the run risk of some model, color, or spec being changed or removed. How many people out ther wish they would have bought an XTRR when they made them? I wanted to get an Amber Sunburst DK1 as well one day but I didn't and took my chance and lost. No big deal. Their are still plenty of options available. More so then other makers.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Im back home in NJ tonight - But the Boston group is not so lucky - good luck guys and have a safe one. Great to see everyone again....

Brooks
                  www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I have a sick feeling in my gut. I just sold my SLATQH and it may have been the last one made. #JA0414 [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Nah, dont worry about that, Jim.
                    I still have the SlatQ Nat on order. So that may be the last ever made [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      There goes my silver swirl RR1 (dammit!!) [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really Jeri.
                      I have one in stock right now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And thanks for the plug there , Jim [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        How many people out ther wish they would have bought an XTRR when they made them?

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I sure do! I could have got one with blue ghost flames for about $1100 that didn't sell on ebay a few years ago. I passed and couldn't justify the price at the time. I wish I'd have jumped on it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I've still got the pics the guy sent me, though.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm sooooo pissed that I didn't order a couple of Select XTRRs while I had the chance: now it looks like I'm going down the CS route....

As for the trans black discussion: I'm not a fan at all, but Spitz' XTRR and Marty's Kellys always looked cool, but that might be because those guitars had fairly bold quilt tops, not subtle flames...
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Plus the sounds they were getting out of them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey hey. Speaking of discontinued models, I wish I could have ordered a Trans green Ke 1t. They only had those for a year right? Same time frame as the XTRR's, but I was out of work at the time so......
                              LATER!!!
                              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Well you guys always have the custom shop for all the guitars you missed. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X