Crap!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap!!!!!

I was at my friend's shop this morning working on my car and overheard one of his employees talking about "a shipment of guitars they just got at the local discount department store in town". Apparently, there was a fire someplace at a music store and, as often happens, the insurance company totals the whole place and the non-damaged contents are sold off. Anyway, I asked him what kind of guitars they had and he said, "Oh, a bunch of stuff, mostly Ibenez, Guild and JACKSONS". I nearly shat my pants. He insisted they were American, neck-thru Soloists and such, not imported models. Said they'd been there a week or so, plus a bunch of amps, pedals, etc. Well, I set a land speed record driving over there but, sadly, everything was all picked over. All that was left was a cheaper Jackson bass, a Guild acoustic, and a left-handed Ibenez. Dammit!!!! Why couldn't I have been there a week ago??? He said they were selling the Jacksons very cheap, he thought well under $1,000. I'm still pissed at myself.

Re: Crap!!!!!

Been there done that. Shoulda bought it when I saw it at...well ya know. Nothing real cool was there that was available. The employees were taking the choice stuff.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Been there done that. Shoulda bought it when I saw it at...well ya know. Nothing real cool was there that was available. The employees were taking the choice stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were there in Ellsworth? I feel better- the way the guy was describing it, they were practically loaded with SL-1s and everything. Thanks for filling me in.

They still had two or three Jackson cases available, though.

Comment

Yeah, I found a nice PRS with flame top, was new. The price would have been around $750 after discounts, brought it up and the guy took it and said "it was on hold". I heard of some cool deals on speakers and the amps were priced nice, but these guys were grabbing anything that was a screaming deal for themselves.

Comment

Working...
        X