Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shannon Soloist

Oh! I see.
    Germany.. they seem to have good relationship with Jackson anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The reason I started this post is because GC in Buffalo has a guitar on the wall that is tagged "Custom Shop Shannon Soloist". It sure looks like a Japanese SL-3 to me. Flame maple veneer, recessed Jackson licensed tremelo, 2 Duncan Hot Rails, one full size Duncan HB, allen wrench holder on back of headstock, and I did not see Shannon's signature. They told me a guy brought it in for trade with a receipt listing it a Custom Shop Shannon with a retail price of $2,400. Either GC got ripped or they're doin' the rippin'!They are asking $1,400 for it. Pitty the fool who pays that much for a used Japanese SL-3!

Comment

mmmm.. would like to see the pics of the guitar.
        If you have, please let me know.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The reason I started this post is because GC in Buffalo has a guitar on the wall that is tagged "Custom Shop Shannon Soloist". It sure looks like a Japanese SL-3 to me. Flame maple veneer, recessed Jackson licensed tremelo, 2 Duncan Hot Rails, one full size Duncan HB, allen wrench holder on back of headstock, and I did not see Shannon's signature. They told me a guy brought it in for trade with a receipt listing it a Custom Shop Shannon with a retail price of $2,400. Either GC got ripped or they're doin' the rippin'!They are asking $1,400 for it. Pitty the fool who pays that much for a used Japanese SL-3!

[/ QUOTE ]

GC does that alot , the one here in Boston had an SL4 up on the wall tagged as an SL1 and were trying to sell it for $1,800.00. I told one of the managers what it was and he thanked me and took it down. I went in the next day and there it was on the wall with the same tags on it.
          Mother fukkers [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
          I hate that place.
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            "Custom Shop Shannon Soloist". It sure looks like a Japanese SL-3 to me. Flame maple veneer, recessed Jackson licensed tremelo, 2 Duncan Hot Rails, one full size Duncan HB, allen wrench holder on back of headstock, and I did not see Shannon's signature.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Nothing about that description comes close to an actual Shannon [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]. I think Brett owns the only proto for the model [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

The only color schemes were black, BGF, slime green, white, and orange sherbert that I'm aware of [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img].

Mine doesn't and never did have the alan wrench holder on the back of the headstock [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

</font>

Comment

That is definitely an SL3, Ricey. No flametops on Shannons (yet), amongst other dead giveaways when compared to all the specifications listed in this thread. I'm thinking your GC got ripped off, but really, how much do they pay people for used gear? Not much, I suppose. They have to make profit in return.

Another scenario could be that the seller sold it as an SL3, and then GC is misrepresenting it as a Shannon (which it is clearly not) and trying to score more profit. Bastards, if so!

Comment

So this is slightly related, are the Shannon's considered custom shop guitars?

And what case did they come with?

And these mints on my pillow: who left them here? Aliens?

Keith
                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I consider the Shannons as custom shop guitars without the custom shop logo. Actually, all USA Selects are considered custom shop guitars since they're all made in the same place. Depends on how you look at it I suppose. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Not sure what the model designation for the SKB case was, but here's mine:

I presume there's an accommodation in the styrofoam to support the neck angle.

The mints on your pillow are alien turds! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks NOTP!
                    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

As far as I recall the SLS had something along the lines of a strat hardtail.

And yeah, I wouldn´t pass on a Shannon if I found one... I love non-recessed Floyds and tilt-back necks.

Comment

I called GC after reviewing the info that Priest and the rest of you posted and I told them what you all had written. I went back there today and they have retagged the "Shannon" as a "MIJCS SL-3" (Made in Japan Custom Shop SL-3). They are now telling me that the guy who traded it in changed his story. Does Jackson have a Custom Shop in Japan? The serial number on the guitar is 032473. I would love to know what this really is. I could not find the serial number on the Jackson web site. It is a beautiful guitar and it plays and sounds really nice. They want $1,400 for it.

As a side note, the guy who GC said traded it in is a member here. I would love to hear his side of the story. He is a huge Jackson collector who recently scored a Custom shop Soloist with a Seattle Skyline graphic at GC for like around $1500. I have talked to him a couple of times a GC and he seems like a decent guy.

Comment

Working...
                        X