Questionable workmanship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questionable workmanship

LOL I actually love how my Strat plays and sounds, and it's the only one I've owned, it just gets a little tempermental with the weather... not to mention the fact it's the only guitar I don't keep in its case, so that might have something to do with it. I think maybe I should actually use the micro tilt feature to help tilt the neck back a little to act more like my Jackson or Les Paul and be able to get the action down lower on the higher frets.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      ....I think maybe I should actually use the micro tilt feature to help tilt the neck back a little to act more like my Jackson or Les Paul and be able to get the action down lower on the higher frets.

[/ QUOTE ]

That´s more or less what it´s there for [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I know one thing for sure, I have finaly met a Jackson I did not like with my DK2LE. From the factory it sucked so bad I had to get it set up and worked on extensivly just to get it playable. Every other Jackson rocks! A buddy of mine just bought a JS30 that plays and sounds like a dream. Go figure.

Comment

I just got a new soloist that is awesome ..great workmanship and plays great ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I've got import Jackson mutts that play as good as the best USA you can dig up [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

The neck wasn't fitted in the pocket correctly, it was off center!
            This appeared to me because the neck was cut too wide at the pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is, that '83 Charvel Star I got from Elderly a while back had a very similar problem - neck pocket holes drilled crooked and they had to shim the side of the pocket to make the neck point straight. No matter what neck I put on it, I gotta shim the side or it goes crooked.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have gone through 2 strats as well and can't find one that I like...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I know one thing for sure, I have finaly met a Jackson I did not like with my DK2LE. From the factory it sucked so bad I had to get it set up and worked on extensivly just to get it playable. Every other Jackson rocks! A buddy of mine just bought a JS30 that plays and sounds like a dream. Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

If only a setup was needed to fix it then that's not poor workmanship.

Comment

Take that a step further .. the amount of distance that guitar traveled as well as climate differences and personal preference ...
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                  X