What's so Dinky about the Dinky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s so Dinky about the Dinky?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

BTW, Newc, love the sig!
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Technically, it's 87.5 %

[/ QUOTE ]
      yep

Comment

Newc, you're very wrong...

if 4/8 = 50%, which it clearly does, then your logic states that 5/8=60%, 7/8=70% and 8/8=80%....

REAL math shows that...

(7 divided by 8) multiplied by 100% = 87.5% [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, 6/8 would equal 80% in my world, because it's only 2/8 from 8/8, and 20 from 100 is 80. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I thought the KV neck was thinner?Anyhoo, NOTP has it right - the Dinky and Soloist are 90% (7/8ths) smaller than a Strat body.

[/ QUOTE ]If they were 90% SMALLER than a Strat, or 7/8 SMALLER, than they'd only be 10% or 1/8 the size of a Strat, or about 3.9 inches long! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Setting aside the conversion error of 1/8 being 10% (1/8 is really 12/5%) you really meant that a Dinky or Soloist body is 7/8 AS BIG as a Strat, or 1/8 (12.5%) SMALLER than an actual Strat body. 100 divided by 8 = 12.5, so 1/8 = 12.5%, 2/8 = 25.0%, 3/8 = 37.5%, 4/8 = 50.0%, 5/8 = 62.5%, 6/8 = 75.0%, 7/8 = 87.5%, and 8/8 =100.0%.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              I thought the KV neck was thinner?Anyhoo, NOTP has it right - the Dinky and Soloist are 90% (7/8ths) smaller than a Strat body.

[/ QUOTE ]If they were 90% SMALLER than a Strat, or 7/8 SMALLER, than they'd only be 10% or 1/8 the size of a Strat, or about 3.9 inches long!

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT'S the one I was waiting for! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

ah, come on that was just a little sentence construction error. i really would like to know where that math came from though!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  (1/8 is really 12/5%)

[/ QUOTE ]
                  one eighth is really twelve fifths of a percent? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

HAH! He got ya on THAT one, College Boy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

And that Math formula is the by-product of imaginitive thinking, which is why I got high scores in Writing and Composition, but low scores in Math [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "If you don't know the answer, just bullsh1t" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      (1/8 is really 12/5%)

[/ QUOTE ]one eighth is really twelve fifths of a percent? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry, for the typo; it's 12.5% of course. Guess that's God getting me for poking at Newc about the 90% smaller thing... DOH! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        HAH! He got ya on THAT one, College Boy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]And that Math formula is the by-product of imaginitive thinking, which is why I got high scores in Writing and Composition, but low scores in Math [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]"If you don't know the answer, just bullsh1t" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]College boy? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I learned to convert fractions to percentages in 5th grade! I did go to college but stuck with liberal arts just to avoid math classes! I never thought I'd use these skills on the JCF to discuss the dimensions of the Dinky though! But having lived in River Ridge for half of 1975, I do have some idea of the New Orleans approach of creating your own doctrine on any subject. Hey, it's Mardi Gras time! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

When in doubt, use a calculator. But does it really matter? It's smaller than a Strat, leave it at that.

Comment

So basically, both the Dinky and the Soloist are "dinky". Which came first, the chicken or the... er, I mean the Dinky or the Soloist.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              So basically, both the Dinky and the Soloist are "dinky". Which came first, the chicken or the... er, I mean the Dinky or the Soloist.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Soloist.

Comment

The actual term came first, but IIRC Lynch's Charvel Strats were originally 7/8 size because he was such a wee lad [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X