Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s so Dinky about the Dinky?

[ QUOTE ]
    So basically, both the Dinky and the Soloist are "dinky". Which came first, the chicken or the... er, I mean the Dinky or the Soloist.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Dinky Strat" was coined for the first series of neck-thru guitars that later became known to be "Soloists".
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

How much less does a Dinky cost, compared to a neck-through Soloist? I'm not asking for a direct price quote here, so DON'T.

Comment

Dinky is killer. I love Dinky and I love My Dinky.
        Dinky Dinky Dinky and Dinky all the way.
        Dinky is da bomb. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

So then Dinky's are 12.5% cheaper than full-size Srat bodied Jacksons right?

Come to think of it, what models do have full size Strat bodies?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Smaller doesn't mean cheaper.
            Look at all these small Steinberger guitars.
            They are expensive but damn small. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I could go for a winky dinky dog about now. Or maybe one of them ho cakes, ho's gotta eat too, ya know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                So then Dinky's are 12.5% cheaper than full-size Srat bodied Jacksons right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Charvels

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  So basically, both the Dinky and the Soloist are "dinky". Which came first, the chicken or the... er, I mean the Dinky or the Soloist.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Dinky Strat" was coined for the first series of neck-thru guitars that later became known to be "Soloists".

[/ QUOTE ]

Jackson first used the term "Soloist" to describe a range of one-hum/one-knob/Floyded bolt-on and neckthrough Strat-type models (both Strat and Dinky bodies), since they were ideal for (and pretty much limited to) playing the type of solos Hair Bands were playing at the time.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    When in doubt, use a calculator. But does it really matter? It's smaller than a Strat, leave it at that.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Exactly! Let's play the "Who gives a sh1t?" game. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My jrs2 has a full sized strat body. And its not a Charvel either! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My jrs2 has a full sized strat body. And its not a Charvel either! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        So does Mine. But try to get one New [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Although I think JC still has an NOS JRS-1 in his shop.....

Comment

Working...
                        X