NAMM Custom: "Soft" Archtop Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HuntinDoug\'s Bomb sign

Kotzen half broke that taking it off the wall! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    It just has a rip in the backing, you can't tell from the front. The double-sided tape was giving problems when taking it down. It's going up in his office.

Me: "Ooh, can I have that?"
    MK: "No way, it's going on my office wall"

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: HuntinDoug\'s Bomb sign

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Maybe he did it on purpose so he could keep/buy it for himself!
      [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      Or he will need to give his touch up on this to look better.
      Later this becomes available as an employee project guitar
      [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

KICK ASS DOUG! that rocks man...I guess now you'll be TOO BIG and BUSY to make stuff for us "little" guys now eh???
        [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

HAHAHAH!

Congrats man, I need a few so when you get time let me know!
        [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        Mike

Comment

congrats Doug [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          that sounds great for you

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            It's going up in his office.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cool....I'm glad he took it with him. I actually gave it to Mike to hang in his office when we toured the CS. He's been cool about hooking me up with some business, not to mention the CS tour. It was his idea to hang it in the Jackson booth. It's the only one like it (except for the one I plan on hanging in my office [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ). I did a giant Jackson headstock too, but I was afraid it would get broken on the plane.
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Re: NAMM Custom: \"Soft\" Archtop Soloist

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

Truss rod cover is by HuntinDoug

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep...I'm still pumped about that one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I actually did 6 different covers for that guitar before getting the right one. Bloodwood isnt easy to work with. Ironically, I didn't get any close up pics of it. Looks like I'll be doing some LTD batch run TR covers & some stuff for the CS, and possibly some for the USA line as well. Jackson & I are gonna talk more after things settle down.

Vwall & I got the CS tour on Wed. We toured the distibution center also. Met Mike Shannon & the guys at the CS...extremely cool day! Did anyone see "Da-Bomb" sign I made for the show? The Jackson guy's were gonna display it, but the 2-sided tape was too weak or something. Again I didnt get any pics (whats wrong with me [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ).

Vwall & I were driving to the show on Fri. We were sitting at a light on Harbor Blvd when the Ed Roman limo pulled up on our left. The rear window was down about an inch or so. Scott was like "Hey Ed....you in there?...."Ed....Ed". The window on the limo went down...then right back up. Maybe he thought it was Ron. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] We pulled up to the next light and the driver gave us a nasty stare. Looked like someone sideswiped it. The entire passenger side was wiped out. Too bad for Mr. Roman. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

I met several JCF'ers on Thurs & Fri. That was cool to finally put names with a faces. I had to fly out on Sat morning, so I regretably missed the group pic....Maybe next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU DOUG!!! Now this is what i call great news! Keep up the excellent wotk pal. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Yes, I've got to re-iterate with my comments at the show!!! That's truly aesome and certainly well deserved bro!!! I just wish you could have hung with us outside of the show, we had a blast anywhere and everywhere we went.

Pat

Comment

Pat,
                  Yea...I kinda regret not being able to hang out with you guys more. I had to keep telling myself "this is a business trip". It was cool to meet you guys though. Especially in the line to meet Rick Springfield [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]. I thought Kevin was gonna faint he was so "star struck" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . We had good seats for the Eric Johnson show (right up front). But unfortunately a lot of standing in one place + a bad back = much...much pain. After that I was pretty much toast.

Did anyone get pics of the bomb sign hanging at the booth? I'd like to get a copy if possible. My camera messed up on me...half my pics are blank white. Not sure what happened.
                  >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Damn, wish I'da known Kotzen was gonna be at NAMM - I woulda had you ask him how my 7-string bolt-on Warrior's coming along [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I completely understand Doug, no problems there. It sounds like it was a "very good" business trip as well! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Next year, or Summer if you go.

Pat

Comment

I will definately be at Summer NAMM. It's a 2 hour drive to the Indy convention center.....Can't wait. Should be fun. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

You mean definitely [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                          X