NAMM Custom: Double Neck Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM Custom: Double Neck Rhoads

JCMI had a hard time figuring out what to call this wild Custom; technically it's referred to as Back To Back Rhoads

Brooks pic

Venoms better pic

Crimson Swirl
    Bound Ebony boards
    Lightning bolt inlays
    Iommi pickups
    Top is 6 strings w/ OFR
    Bottom is 10 strings, string thru
    Reverse headstocks
    Chrome hardware

This one comes with a spinner strap system (think ZZ Top); the cord goes right through the strap setup into an input jack that is in the rear. This guitar is sold to Guitar Asylum.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: NAMM Custom: Double Neck Rhoads

These Volume/Tone knobs are placed at weird position.
    How would you play that thing?
    I would LOVE to see the hardshell case for this monster... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought that it might have been 2 bolt on necks and whoever bought it would get 2 completed Rhoads bodies as well, so it could be turned into two regular guitars, while still having the option of going back to that single monstrosity! (That'd make more sense to me, but I guess I may have missed the 'freakshow' point of that guitar!)
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I think Matt pointed out that it has a special swivel strap button so you can spin it around like ZZ Top. Not my bag though.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          These Volume/Tone knobs are placed at weird position.
          How would you play that thing?

[/ QUOTE ]
          i totally hear you:
          only one vol(with push pull for selection of 1 of the 2 guitars) between the 2 hums and only a toggle above the neck pup (at the [10string]body side, rhoads-style) would´ve suited that monster a lot better
          and would´ve made much more sense handling-wise

Comment

I can picture Michael Angelo playing that... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I wonder which <strike>sucker</strike> dealer got that one?
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I wonder which &lt;strike&gt; sucker &lt;/strike&gt; dealer got that one?

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I forgot what dealer got that....it may have been Asylum....list on that was I think about $7800. I heard the custom G&amp;G case for that is 6 inches thick to accomodate for the angles for the headstocks and because the bodies are angled to each other. It's gotta be about 6-7 feet long. It has to be shipped freight!
                  Oh...and while I was standing there one guy came up and tried to take it down....he rotated it one way...and the top headstock knocked into the Kelly...he rotated it the other way and the bottom HS hit the custom Soloist beneath it....what an idiot...he finally gave up then. On Saturday they had a "Please Do Not Touch" sign on it. I couldn't tell you how many f*cks just grabbed the 25th pinstripe RR down like it was an Ibanez or something while Brad and I were talking....I felt like I was in GC.

- Joel
                  RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                  RIP Dime

Comment

That Pin stripe RR if I could get my hands on that one my Skull Warrior would be finding a new home real quick over that guitar, any day.
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

Honestly, wouldn't you need to be perched on a ladder or some kind of stand to play the one side and not have the bottom side dragging on the ground?!
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

That´s the dumbest thing I´ve seen in a long time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It might be eye-catching, sure, but I can´t imagine anyone actually playing that thing.

Comment

It would have made a little more sense logistically to have bolt-on necks - that way you could break it down into a smaller case that would be easier to transport.

Comment

Sell it to Buckethead, he's tall enough for it.
                            Scott

Comment

What a fukk for those who damage the show guitars.
                              Soon these expensive off ones will be diplayed in the cases like what they do with EVH guitars or like the Dime's guitars at Dean.
                              [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X