Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get a copy of a Jackson work order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a copy of a Jackson work order?

Evening all...What are the chances that I can get a copy of a Jackson work order like this one? BIGmouth work order

You can see that this copy was sent out in 1999 for a guitar built in 1983.

Is this info readily available from the company for a custom order made in 1988? Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Can I get a copy of a Jackson work order?

nope. they don't do that anymore.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

They're not doing that anymore... unless you know someone who works there and can pull a few strings.

Since FMIC took over, they haven't been doing that except for a few lucky people. Average people like us generally can't get work orders or even serial number verification anymore.

Perhaps you could call them and keep bugging them until they send it to you, then again, it just might piss them off... worth a try perhaps.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks Gents...They CAN'T be worse than Peavey!

Comment

I've been talking with John Walker about this project....all the WOs are in storage....possible data entry project is in the future....
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Average people like us generally can't get work orders or even serial number verification anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, seems like we can't even get Swee-Tones we've ordered over 2.5 years ago - Jackson is really starting to piss me off! Unless this guitar gives me better wood than my wife (if it ever shows up), I can guarantee I'll never "special order" another Jackson again...

Comment

I'd definitely contact Jackson to see what the delay was... sounds more like your dealer stringing you along... 2.5 years?

Comment

Too bad, It would nice ot be able to get a WO on a San Dimas

Comment

Have you been waiting two and a half years for a Swee-Tone? How is that possible!?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I've been talking with John Walker about this project....all the WOs are in storage....possible data entry project is in the future....

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, maybe we can get a couple JCF members to "intern" at the facility so they can scan all the WOs!
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd gladly shell out a few clams to get the info. from Jackson as I'm sure everyone else here would. It's a win-win situation [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Have you been waiting two and a half years for a Swee-Tone? How is that possible!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Beats the hell out of me. I've been unbelievably patient (not playing much these days, burried in work) and have been nagging my dealer roughly every 3 - 6 months to figure out what the hell's going on. I'm at the point where my patience has run out and I plan on calling Jackson to see if they have any guitars on order from my dealer that match the specifications of my order so I can determine whether Jackson or my dealer is lagging. Only problem is, I'm finding it next to impossible to find an email address or phone number that would put me in touch with the right people at Jackson who could address this issue... [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

As a side note, I double-checked all my previous emails with the dealer and I started the dialog with him about pricing, availability, options but the order was actually placed and "confirmed" with Jackson in 11/2002. So, not quite 2.5 years yet but 27 months still sounds pretty excessive for a non "Custom" order, even if it is a Swee-Tone...

Comment

Yeah, they should do like Winchester and Colt. Offer an official letterhead, copy of the work order and build sheet for like $50-$100 or so. That would be a fair price to pay for any guitar that really deserves to have this kind of validation.

Comment

I think like 20 bucks would be more reasonable. They could scan everything in their catalog to software and then simply offer it online through the 'Products and Services' section on the homepage. You would tell them the serial number that you want, your info., and then you pay via cc. Then, they send you the code and you download it to print (edited to withhold personal info. of the original owner of course.) Saves time, postage, and admin. and will pay for itself in no time, imo. Everything is done automatically over the net...Sounds good to me! [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X