Jackson soloist standard professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson soloist standard professional

Hello people. This is my first post on this forum.

I need to get some information about the Jackson soloist standard professional. Everything you can tell me will be highly appreciated. I'd need to know what these guitars cost new in the mid 90's and how much they are worth today? Wood materials? Anything.

Thank you. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson soloist standard professional

Welcome. What, ya gonna sell it? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

iirc the STD series is neck through ( with an exception for kelly and king v) , maple neck , poplar wings, j50 pickups, old jt580lp (takeuchi version) rosewood FB with dots ( mop dots ? )

afair that series was discontinued in the mid 90's ( 91/2 to 94 production ? ) and was not a mid 90's series.

overall :

i have a rhoads, the trem is pretty okay ( if setup correctly it can hold tune forever, aggresive divebombs etc do not affect the tuning)

i threw an EMG 81 in the bridge btw.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

Don't know yet. I need money and if I get a good offer I just might sell it. I wish I didn't have to but I need money for an acoustic and a small tube amp.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

iirc the STD series is neck through ( with an exception for kelly and king v) , maple neck , poplar wings, j50 pickups, old jt580lp (takeuchi version) rosewood FB with dots ( mop dots ? )

afair that series was discontinued in the mid 90's ( 91/2 to 94 production ? ) and was not a mid 90's series.

overall :

i have a rhoads, the trem is pretty okay ( if setup correctly it can hold tune forever, aggresive divebombs etc do not affect the tuning)

i threw an EMG 81 in the bridge btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a Dimarzio Air norton in the bridge and a Dimarzio Blue velvet in the neck position.

Do you know how much these guitars cost when they came out?

Comment

MSRP was likely around $900 USD or so, but that's just a wild guess. I'm sure someone else will have a better idea.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              but that's just a wild guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alrighty. Thanks anyway.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Ron, that's entrapment [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Just don't offer it for sale here, it's against the rules for new/Junior members to post anything for sale - too many scams in the past.

Anyhoo, Soloist Standards were neckthrough, maple neck with alder or poplar body wings, rosewood board with dot inlays, and sold for about $700-$800+ when new.
                  If in fact it's a bolt-on neck with "Soloist Std" on the trussrod cover, then it's a Soloist Std trussrod cover on a Dinky [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Ron, that's entrapment [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HEEEERE Kitty kitty kitty kitty, I´m not gonna bite........ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Just don't offer it for sale here, it's against the rules for new/Junior members to post anything for sale - too many scams in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. No problem here. I'm not even sure if I'm gonna sell it or not. Played it again on thursday and it sounded sweet.

Comment

So ummm..... I feel like a complete idiot when I ask this but for what I've heard the parts of this guitar are US made but the guitar was put together in Japan. Is this correct?

Comment

I don't get how these rumours get started. Is it because we'd like to believe that Japanese luthiers are incapable of producing great instruments? That good old American know-how took care of the actual construction of the important parts, and some barely-trained Japanese furniture assembler put the thing together?

Anyway, enough o' my belly-achin'. The original pickups were made by Jackson in the US. The licensed Floyd was made by Takeuchi in Japan. The body was crafted and assembled in Jackson's Japanese plant
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I don't get how these rumours get started. Is it because we'd like to believe that Japanese luthiers are incapable of producing great instruments? That good old American know-how took care of the actual construction of the important parts, and some barely-trained Japanese furniture assembler put the thing together?

Anyway, enough o' my belly-achin'. The original pickups were made by Jackson in the US. The licensed Floyd was made by Takeuchi in Japan. The body was crafted and assembled in Jackson's Japanese plant

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know who started the rumour. I read about it in a review on Harmony central.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X