Why? re: XTRR shape and size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why? re: XTRR shape and size

Question for those in the know: I know the story of how the XTRR size came about but why did they change the shape of it instead of making a true 7/8 size Rhoads? Just to make it different or is there a functional reason behind it? I mean, if I can rescale the body through software surely it can be done in real life, right/wrong? Anyone know?

Re: Why? re: XTRR shape and size

The XTRR was orignally put together as a 'Rhoads with cut down body' for Danny Spitz from Anthrax: he wanted them reduced in size simply because he's a short guy....

As for why the proportions changed, I'm not sure: maybe taking a pure Rhoads outline and making it 7/8 the size didn't look right, given that the hardware, string spacing etc stayed the same.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Re: Why? re: XTRR shape and size

The "7/8ths of the size" thing isn't a solid description of the XTRR or the Dinky. That's just commonly used as a way to describe how much smaller it is, and isn't a set guideline by any means.

With the Custom Shop, you can send in a template of your own design, scale down a model, etc... they will do it if you pay for it.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
      X