JCF Group Shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JCF Group Shot?

I am 35 Toru. I hated the Carvin Bolt. That one sounded nice but I did not like the overall feel of it. The California Carve Top sereis was very nice. Kevin/Pat/Donnie and myself spent some time in the Carvin booth and played a few and I felt the CCT was the best series they have out.

Kevin and Pat started shmoozing with one of the Carvin reps and he had let us in on a few Charvels he has under his bed. I think they are going to get some pics from him so we will see what they are. Sounded like maybe a Late SD Charvel pointy and an early pointy Charvel if I remember correct. He had 2. One was like George Lynch's I think he said.... tits!

Thanks for the compliment (i think?) Toru!

Comment

I actually liked the carvin bolt on that Chris is playing in that pic., nice and heavy. sounded decent through the headphones we were playing thru too.
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Chris, Thank you for the review!
        Yea, I always had this image of you being much older.. probably because you seem to be playing for such long time..now I know you are just 1 year older than me.
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It sounded great. I think it was a good weight too. The bolt series just doenst play like there upper line. I did not like the fretwork or the feel of the neck. Different strokes...

The Tone navigator through the headphones sounded pretty awesome. What do those go for? I wonder how they sound paired to a good cab and power amp. Does anyone here own one?

Comment

chris totally doesn't look 35, I hope I look that young when I'm 35
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Thanks D!~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                each time a flash went off i looked a different way... lol. Kevin, Are you home now? hope all is well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I walked in @ 9 last night finally and I'm beat. I just had a 3 hour nap and I'm ready for bed again .. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Damn, I should have been in that pic. I could have made some of you look good! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Nice times bros! Wish I'd been there. I will next year.
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

There will be more pics - I know Rudy was taking a TON and havent seen him post since the show....Rudy, come in Rudy!

Brooks
                    www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Kevin/Pat/Donnie and myself spent some time in the Carvin booth and played a few and I felt the CCT was the best series they have out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Nice pics...it was nice to meet some of you guys and put faces to the names I see here all the time. Wish I'd had more time to hang!

Comment

Working...
                        X