AT Pro vs 750XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT Pro vs 750XL

I was going to do this a while ago but never got around to it.Anyway here a few pics comparing the thickness between the two guitars. Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 The 750s are very heavy there was about a two pound difference between them.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Re: AT Pro vs 750XL

Pretty cool ! I have a Blue AT Pro and a Purple 750XL, I just never did what you did ! Here's a bit of the blues !

The AT 750 Blues !!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, that's a big difference, all right. Thanks for posting. I'd like to see more pics of those fine ATs.

Comment

Man, with that kind of difference I don't think I'll ever get an AT Pro now. I like heavy guitars and I might just have to start a 750xl collection.

Comment

Wow, I sooo want to get a string-thru 750xl, but they are really hard to find around here.
          Great pics everybody!

Ok, here's my AT Pro, unfortunately I don't have a better pic available yet:
          http://www.gradated-parts.com/uncrea.../j_soloist.jpg
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Check my thread in the Import Charvel section on the twins.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Wow, that's a big difference, all right. Thanks for posting. I'd like to see more pics of those fine ATs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out Travis thread in the Charvel import section.I have not taken a good pic yet. I want to do it outside but with a foot or so of snow that is not happening anytime soon. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
              Mike

Comment

The 750s are very thick and a whole lot heavier than the AT Pros.There are some other small difference.The neck sits a lot higher off the body on the 750 than the AT.The trems are non recessed on the 750 compared to recessed on the AT.
                Mike

Comment

Don't the 750s also have rosewood boards, while the AT Pros have ebony?

Comment

The 750s do indeed have rosewood boards. I like them that way.

Comment

I have to say I love both the 750XL and the AT Pro but the neck on the AT Pro blows any of my 30 or so guitars away ! That's why I'll never sell it ! So don't ask ! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I would however trade it for one with a trem (Joe Web !) [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

How does the neck on the AT compare to that of the 750xl? The 750 has a really nice neck, similar to my 650xl, but just different enough to give a unique feel. It is effortless to switch between the two. I would put them somewhere in the middle of my RG1527 Wizard-7 neck and my Hamer Artist baseball bat thick neck.

Comment

Man, I should have done that long ago, taken photos showing the difference between the two bodies.
                          Actually, I should have done it with the SLAT and original Archtop as well when I had them.
                          Since Mike is ending up with all the guitars I used to own, I just may have to concede the "Archtop"
                          throne to him. I don't think I am worthy anymore, especially since I am not able to hang out here
                          as often as I would like.
                          I do know that I am going to by-pass the classifieds and ebay when I have something to sell
                          and contact Mike first, since he seems to end up with all my "hand-me-down" guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though, I'm glad to see the popularity of the AT Pros and the 750s hasn't faded.

Comment

I can help take the burden off of Mike when you decide to get rid of C904827. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I can help take the burden off of Mike when you decide to get rid of C904827. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Whew! Looks like I found a diversion! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X