Currently Jacksons are made in ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently Jacksons are made in ...

The US, Japan, Korea, and India ... right?

Re: Currently Jacksons are made in ...

I think yes.
    Not sure of Korea until you mentioned.

And soon in Mexico? No surprise since Fender builds so many products of them including amps.

Comment

And i went into this thread thinking this was an ontario v. corona question LOL. I'll just move along.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

The korean plant only did the performers and was closed when the series was axed IIRC...

USA, Japan and India are definitely correct [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Are any still made in India any more? I thought they closed the plant a couple of years ago because of quality control and moved everything to Japan ... or was that just the DXMG?
          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Wasn't there an Indonesian plant too? Maybe you're thinking of that?

Comment

What is made in India?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                What is made in India?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of curry. Otherwise, they're shifting to a service-economy - providing tech support for M$ and the like...

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

The JS30 series is "Crafted in India" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Obviously you missed my huge JS30 review thread! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Wasn't there an Indonesian plant too? Maybe you're thinking of that?

[/ QUOTE ]
                    There might have been. Either that or Taiwan. I remember someone here showed a pic of a Dinky he had that had a sharkfin inlay on the 24th fret, said there was a sticker on the neck of where it was made... I remember thinking it was strange when he said it was in a country I never knew made Jacksons.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think the notion that some Jacksons were made in Indonesia is just a misunderstanding (people mix up India and Indonesia a LOT), but what do I know... =P

I've heard people claim that some guitars were made in Taiwan tho'.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I think the notion that some Jacksons were made in Indonesia is just a misunderstanding (people mix up India and Indonesia a LOT), but what do I know... =P

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it in a nutshell. Some folks 'round here have even said "well, aren't they the same thing?"
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          The JS30 series is "Crafted in India" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Obviously you missed my huge JS30 review thread! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jaja [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm pretty sure the early JS-series guitars were built in a number of countries, including Taiwan and Indonesia. I had a Guitar Center "exclusive" JS1 Dinky that was built in Taiwan, and despite the $200 price tag, that guitar was flawless. Always stayed in tune, pickups sounded good, neck never gave me any trouble.

That would have been around 1996-97, and I haven't seen any imports since then that weren't from either India or Japan.
                            sigpic

Comment

No Charvel/Jackson guitars have been built in Korea since approx. 1996-97(Performers). Currently, the guitars are being built in:

USA: Corona, California - Fender USA Shop
                              Japan: Same shop Grover helped setup back in 1985-86.
                              India: JS low-line series
                              Tawain/China: an occasional really cheapy entry level guitar

I was looking at some of the new "Made in India" models at Guitar Center last night and was really disappointed to see that they have now figured out how to space the 12th frets dots correctly in India. You used to see 12th fret dots spaced apart too far and easily tell that a guitar was made in India...... not the case now. Without the little "Made in India/Japan" sticker on the back of the neck, you need to look at the serial number to determine where the guitar was made. All Japanese bolt-on neck guitars made over the past 5+ years have serial numbers starting with 96 or 97. The made in India junk has an extra digit in the serial number and starts with an 01 or 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X