No announcement yet.

Tell me all you know about JJ guitars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me all you know about JJ guitars.

From what I know, there is the JJ1 all the way up until JJ6 I think, and then the JJP singlecut style. But, I don't know the unique features of each.

Please describe each JJ model in terms of woods, neck backshapes, frets, hardware, pickups, controls, construction, scale length, country of manufacture, and most importantly PRICE!!! I know they are underrated guitars and if the guitar is right for the price, I may want to get one! Been looking for a fixed bridge guitar lately. Maybe provide a picture of each model, even though all I'd want is simple solid gloss black. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I guess I know enough about the JJ2 and JJP (courtesy of Em, Moobs, and JacksonGuitars.com) but it couldn't hurt to learn more. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Tell me all you know about JJ guitars.

The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Ehhhh?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gadzooks! The answer to all of life's problems! How may I repay you, good sir? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yes, preferably I'd want a neckthrough or setneck, TOM bridge, two hums, at least one volume and one tone control, binding, jumbo frets, ebony board, mahogany body, 24.75" scale if possible, black hardware if possible... or something close to these specs. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Please also describe the V neck backshape as well... I have never seen a Clapton Strat nor a JJ2 anywhere before so I have never tried this shape before. What's the purpose of the shape, how is it advantageous, etc. Thanks!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
        +1 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

JJ1 USA... similar to other models, but different...

JJ2 USA... similar to JJ1, but different

JJ3... similar to JJ2, but different...

JJ4... not similar to JJ1, but not altogether different

JJ5... like a JJ but different from the others

JJ6... well I have no real clue... but I was bored. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If this topic were about Soloist models, I'd have twenty legitimate answers by now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Damn unpopular JJs! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hey Xeno... ya forgot the JJP... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Similar to the rest except with a singlecut rather than a doublecut. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The JJ5 was a 5-string baritone with one Duncan Scott Ian hum. If I remember right Pete (TwisterAmps) won one a few years back at a guitar show. They only made 2-3, and I haven't heard of one since.

Here's a headstock pic; I'll see if I can turn up anything else:

Comment

The 2000 Catalog has a bunch of stuff about the JJ line (JJ1, 2, 4 and 5). Rob Witte has it scanned, but the pics are awfully small: *clicky*

Comment

JJ5, I have seen several on E-bay.
                    One of them only had 1hum.
                    The rest were with 2hums.
                    Korina body.

Comment

They're ugly

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

JJP:

24 3/4" scale, 1 3/4" neck width at the nut, mahogany archtop body (nearly 2" thick at the top of the arch), mahogany neck w/scarf joint (rounded profile, substantially beefier than normal Jackson neck), DiMarzio pup, USA model w/small Jackson logo but this one is a factory second and has a blank neck plate.
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

JJ?:

25.5" scale, 1 5/8" neck width at the nut, maple neck w/scarf joint, extortion logo (no Scott Ian sig/head, s/n 0330JJ), dice inlay, flat body approx 1 3/4" thick w/no contours. The neck is significantly thinner than that of the JJP but retains the rounded profile and is still feels a bit thicker to me than a typical (whatever that is) Jackson neck.

I don't like the bridge on this guitar at all:

Intonation of the EAD&E strings is adjusted via the set screws protruding from the back of the bridge which push the bridge away from the posts. The G&B strings are then intonated as a pair via the slider on which they sit. Whoever designed this tone-sucking monstrosity should be shot. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

It was designed for Scott Ian. You don't honestly expect it to have articulated soft Jazzy tones, do you? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If he could get away with playing a short-scale bass, he would, as he's never used the high strings for anything other than Major chords, hence his NOT Soloist having only 12 frets.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              It was designed for Scott Ian. You don't honestly expect it to have articulated soft Jazzy tones, do you? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If he could get away with playing a short-scale bass, he would, as he's never used the high strings for anything other than Major chords, hence his NOT Soloist having only 12 frets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that DEFINITELY sounds like Scott Ian [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X