Japan Custom Shop Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan Custom Shop Jackson?

GC Buffalo has a guitar that they had tagged as a "USA Custom Shop Shannon Soloist". It looked just like a Japanese SL-3 to me, so I started a post to get more info on the "Shannon". Number of the Priest and several others responded with some excellent information that enabled me to determine that it was definitely not a Shannon. I called GC to let them know what I had found out and when I went back there a few days later they have retagged the "Shannon" as a "MIJCS SL-3" (Made in Japan Custom Shop SL-3). They tell me that the guy who traded it in changed his story.

Does Jackson have a Custom Shop in Japan? The serial number on the guitar is 032473. I would love to know what this really is. I could not find the serial number on the Jackson web site. It is a beautiful guitar and it plays and sounds really nice. They want $1,400 for it.

As a side note, the guy who GC said traded it in told me he is a member here. I would love to hear his side of the story. He is a huge Jackson collector who recently scored a late eighties/early nineties Custom shop Soloist with a Seattle Skyline graphic at GC. I have talked to him a couple of times a GC in the past and he seems like a decent guy.

Re: Japan Custom Shop Jackson?

Another thread talking about this guitar??
    What is wrong with all your wondering about this guitar and the guitars that the store has?

You know what, STAY AWAY FROM THAT GC!
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

There is no custom shop in Japan but JacksonStars now takes orders and these are not full custom orders.
    I would say semi orders(with limited choices of specs).
    Also there were many limited guitars sold by large stores in Japan and these were variation of production models only available in Japan just like Guitar Centers do all the time.

Comment

Is there a true custom shop in Japan? No. But... they have made a number of one-offs and limited run guitars that were never meant to be exported to the USA. They've also made a number of prototype originals that could be considered custom.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

...which all say JacksonStars or Grover Jackson, because it's in their contract with Jackson. The Chusin Musical Instruments Mfg. company does the work, from what I get out of the website www.jacksonstars.com
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I met the head of the japanese shop @ NAMM. This was the guy that has run it since the model series and when introduced to me I'm almost positive he was intrduced as the head of the Japanese custom shop ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Interesting.
            But then again, wouldn't they have the same setup as the USA shop, where the same guys making Customs are making Productions?
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              ...which all say JacksonStars or Grover Jackson, because it's in their contract with Jackson. The Chusin Musical Instruments Mfg. company does the work, from what I get out of the website www.jacksonstars.com

[/ QUOTE ]

No, a number of them had the Charvel logo too, even through the mid 90's after the import line for the US market was cancelled.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
              X