Warren DeMartini's snakeskins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren DeMartini's snakeskins

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, the HRC in Chicago has/had Warren's black and gray anaconda snakeskin Charvel. Here's a pic I took of it hanging above the bar. I can't remember exactly when I took this but my best guess is in the summer of 1997.

And here's Warren on the cover of GFTPM on 12/85 with it. The snakeskin pattern matches up exactly.

So to answer Todd's question, I doubt it's a replica at the HRC.

Now I have 2 questions. If HRC remodeled, what happened to Warren's charvel? Did Warren get it back and have it recovered in the new skin? Here's another pic I took on Thanksgiving 2001 when Ratt played at a small club in Cleveland.

This is the guitar that Jared is holding in the picture in his thread. I've always thought that this was a Performance guitar that Warren had made. Anyone have any more info on these snakeskins? Jared, any chance of you sending an email to Warren and finding out what happened to the anaconda at the HRC and if Warren had this new snakeskin applied to the guitar in your picture. I sure would like to know.

Re: Warren DeMartini\'s snakeskins

I sure can. no problem. Im sure though he told me that this was the same guitar. I posted earlier, that If you notice in these picks, that due to sweating on the raw snakeskin every night, it comes off....notice the heel in my pic. The only mod Im aware of is 3 refret jobs. Plus if you notice in my pic, the original Floyd on there is prehistoric.All the black paint on the fine tuners are gone and are a worn, light brass color. at any rate its an OLD floyd. If your gonna build a new guitar, why not just put a new Floyd on there, But on the other hand, some guys still swear by the old german-made, cast-iron Floyds.Now also, he is from Chicago, so that may carry some relevance as well. Im on the case.

Comment

Johnnyryche, great pic! Thanks man, I've been wanting to see that guitar for awhile now.

It's a shame that guitar is just hanging up on that wall though. I wonder how they have that mounted up there? It probably has screws drilled into it! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] If that guitar is going to be displayed like that, it should be in a glass case.

Comment

I think it's a Performance too,the twelth fret dots in the Thanksgiving 2001 pic are way too far apart to be a Charvel neck!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I think it's a Performance too,the twelth fret dots in the Thanksgiving 2001 pic are way too far apart to be a Charvel neck!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The dots caught my eye, too, so I was thinking the same. Even if it's not a Performance guitar, that probably isn't the original neck.

Comment

If you look at the pickup position of the one he is holding here and in the other thread, it's different than the original (on the magazine cover). Slightly further away from the bridge I believe. Not the same guitar.

Comment

Check out what I assume to be the original Big Red!Good stuff!
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Johnnyryche, great pic! Thanks man, I've been wanting to see that guitar for awhile now.

It's a shame that guitar is just hanging up on that wall though. I wonder how they have that mounted up there? It probably has screws drilled into it! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] If that guitar is going to be displayed like that, it should be in a glass case.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Hard Rock Cafe has been re-designed. That guitar is no longer there. (though they do have a Jason Becker "Numbers" guitar) It is possible that it is back in storage somewhere in Florida. Very few, if any, guitars are in glass cases at any Hard Rock Cafes. Most of the guitars donated didn't even belong to the artist that signed or donated them.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Hard Rock Cafe has been re-designed. That guitar is no longer there. (though they do have a Jason Becker "Numbers" guitar) It is possible that it is back in storage somewhere in Florida. Very few, if any, guitars are in glass cases at any Hard Rock Cafes. Most of the guitars donated didn't even belong to the artist that signed or donated them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I realize that most of the guitars aren't really the artists guitars etc... but that one was Warrens for sure. I just hate to see the REAL artist guitars that Hard Rock has go to waste.

Comment

A lot of the time, the inventory of memorabilia at the Hard Rock Cafes gets rotated to other Hard Rocks. It's quite possible, that it's in another city.

Comment

Working...
                    X