Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad was the Jackson trem from the Eighties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How bad was the Jackson trem from the Eighties?

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
    Schaller doesn't make the Original Floyd Rose trems anymore?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As far as I know, they still do.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Umm... The JT6 sucks because it's cast?

For your information, the Schaller is CAST too. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Sure, I like the Schaller, the OFR and the JT6, in pretty much that order...

There's nothing wrong with the JT6... it's a fine trem, and I like it better than any of the 580LP/590LP garbage that is just formed sheet metal. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

in defense of the JT6 I say that every one I have played has stayed in tune,BUT they are crap as far as I am concerned,heavy and clumsy feeling to me at least......

Comment

There are actually 2 diffent JT6's. On my model 4 I had a problem with the string block brealing and the bar breaking. They were super easy to fix but broken none the less. The design is great. The tuners are out of the way and the saddles give lots of room for resting you hand. The tone is as good as the OFR trems I have. Teh lock nut is nice but requires a bit fo grahpite to keep slippery. I can go weeks with out re tuning.

The second type of JT6 is found on the JAckson 88 and the charvel 88. I have both. They are even better than the ones on the model guitars. The fine tuners work easier than the other on and they are super super smooth. ITs a good trem all around.

You can buy replacements on ebay for like $50 with out much trouble.

Remember its all inthe set up.

EVEA

Comment

Working...
          X