JCF - APC order shipped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF - APC order shipped

hey guys, just got back from the post office.

if you want your "Insured Mail Receipt #" pm me with your real name. and i'll send you the #.

~JW
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Re: JCF - APC order shipped

Thanx man! And Joel as well. I know you guys did a lot of work on this for all of us, MUCHO APPRECIATES!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

I'll second that. Big thanks goes to both of you for coordinating all of this. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

3rd thanx again man!

I cant' wait to get these

Comment

Awsome!

Comment

What???? Did I friggin miss out on this holy nono damn
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Tets, I'm probably only going to use one for now, so if you want one, let me know... I'll hook you up. E-me

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I'll second that. Big thanks goes to both of you for coordinating all of this. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

joe...

[/ QUOTE ]+1

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Hey...I'm just happy you guys are so damn patient! I've gotta tell ya...I'm impressed so far with my Persuader Lead Custom...I've got one of them in my SL1 EDS and the articulation is incredible...I play all high gain and each note just rings out! Get-yer soldering guns ready guys! I can't wait to hear what you guys think....I'm impressed myself.....Looks like my EMG's may be coming out soon.....I've just gotta determine which axe the other APC is gonna go in...I still need to test the difference on 500K ohm pots vs. 1 Meg ohm's as well with these....

Thanks guys...it was alot of work keeping up with the emails, keeping the list and $$$ of 11 guys all coordinated, but it was all worth it in the end...anything for my bros!...aww...I feel a tear coming on....
                  Anyways...keep me posted with your impressions....and John thanx for handling the shipping buddy! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Joel
                  RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                  RIP Dime

Comment

Cool, Just in time for Valentines day. I can feel the love already!

Thanks for hooking us all up. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

PS - if anyone needs more copies of the instruction sheet shoot me an email and I'll scan it in or type it out for anyone....
                      Also...a pair of screws and springs should be included with the pups...so if anyone's missing any let me know and I can ask Mel to ship some out...his memory isn't the greatest...

- Joel
                      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                      RIP Dime

Comment

Most excellent, cheers to Joel and John for this massive undertaking. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I only wish I ordered an extra humbucker to throw in my LP that's coming very soon. Oh well, I can deal with just replacing the bridge JB and keeping the neck '59. Anyone know if you can REMOVE the black pickup covers from the APCs and perhaps house it in the stock gold pickup covers in my LP? Guitar in question:

Comment

Now it's a race to the MP3 section!

Do a comparo to the old pups too, please. We'll see (uh, hear) if all the hype is true. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

MP3s are cool to listen to but obviously useless for comparison's sake, UNLESS you record something with your "before" pickup, then record with the "after" (APC) pickup, with EXACTLY the same recording conditions, same guitar, same settings, etc.

So, for me, I'll be describing the differences since I don't have access to recording equipment, and I haven't recorded anything in ages.

For generally the same price as new Duncans/DiMarzios/EMGs, they were worth trying the hype at least. No loss for me. Now, if they were $200 per pickup, I'd have extremely high expectations and would be disappointed if they didn't blow me away.

Comment

i've done a few direct comparisions with the same model guitar (charvel model 3) same setup and everying. WOW what a difference!

and the tonal properties can be custom taylored by each sides distance from the strings. ex: more treb = raise treb side, more bass = raise bass side. more abrasiveness = raise the whole thing, more mellow = lower it...

mine will be on its way to sully before i'll get a chance to mess with it in a current guitar. but i'll be getting more.
                              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                              X