No announcement yet.

Photoshop request... anyone please..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photoshop request... anyone please..?

yea man, like up the flag lines like they were in the previous mock ups. And can someone please do them blue sharkies on a maple board. I reckon it would look sooooo much cooler on maple/.

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

The inlays would look much better with a maple board IMO.

Comment

After Forever, you DO realize that with everyone's collective input and effort in creating such beautiul and various time-consuming mock-ups for your dream guitar, you have absolutely NO CHOICE except to feel completely obligated to order this guitar and post some wicked pictures of it, right? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

i like it better this way

lol...it took me much more time than i thought it would...

the lines should be paralel with the body curves

Comment

I know [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I think blue inlays and the blue stripe on the headstock are overkill. Rhoads56's pic looked just about perfect to me.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

im gonna get this flag [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ January 15, 2003, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: ZeNo ]

Comment

After, when you order this guitar, and they tell you they cant get blue (or any colour other than white and ivoroid) binding for the neck, tell them to contact me, ive got loads of the stuff.
                  --
                  Regards,
                  Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

thank dude, but I'll definately go for white or ivory binding. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Im not sure when to order.. Im still not sure about some details/specs. Im taking my time [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The blue inlays are too much indeed [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] maybe on a maple board it would be kinda cool but not on ebony (which is what I want).

Comment

rhoads56 - you know the multi-ply binding a lot of people use on bodies? Have you ever seen Black/Chrome/Black? That's what I'm after, and I'm wondering if it exists...

Comment

Zeno, the middle stripe is supposed to be white dude [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Evolver, i am currently doing a vine inlay into a fretboard (www.monaro.com.au/guitar/) using pure silver for the 'stem'. You can buy silver in various widths and heights, so i would use silver instead of chrome.
                          The price of the silver is very reasonable.

I think black, polished silver, black, binding would look awesome.
                          --
                          Regards,
                          Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

rhoads56: Just got through looking at your page. I'm anxious to see how that guitar turns out! It's looking killer!!!!! And your next project is gonna be Star shaped! WoOP! Very nice work bro.

Comment

rhoads56 - yeah, your fretboard is lookin' good!

And thanks for the info. I'm having a brainstorm...you know how Jackson uses natural wood binding on the Swee-Tones? How about Ebony binding with silver in between...wooch!

Comment

Ebony and silver would look awesome. Ive recently made my own binding (which i had no guitar for it, just wanted to see what it would look like), made up of dyed maple, and natural flamed maple. The dyed maple was boiled in black stain (to make it like ebony), and the flame maple was left natural. The veneers i used are about the same thickness as the thin binding used on a Gibson LP Custom body. The flame comes out a little, so it looked good, but only a guitar fanatic would notice...
                                Unfortunately, my camera doesnt zoom in enough to get a good picture of the effect.
                                --
                                Regards,
                                Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X