Custom Shop wait time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom Shop wait time?

It's not just Jackson who's custom shop wait times are long. PRS takes 6-12 months, Modulus takes 8 months, Zon takes 8 months, ESP custom shop stuff takes 12-15 months.

Face it kids, these are hand built guitars and there are only so many people out there qualified to build things like this. I do agree that certain aspects of the paperwork could move faster, but I'm sure the folks out there are working to try and streamline the ordering process.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I don't mind the wait for the actual product, but the wait for the spec changes sucks.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The longest I waited was my green PC archtop - I think that was 28 months.

Brooks
        www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Everybody vote for ME for the possible new position at Jackson! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say this here as it mentions a specific dealer, but I've been dealing with Matt: I submitted my specs on the form from the Jackson website on or around Feb 7th, got a quote on Feb 10th, made some final alterations and recieved the final quote from Jackson via Matt on Feb 15th.

I now have the fax of the work-order and I'll be confirming the order tonight.
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Everybody vote for ME for the possible new position at Jackson! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats that Ron? Desginated ass kicker?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you keep things moving along, would that be your job there? .....I like it.... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

but really, 28 months is F***ing unacceptable. They arent building rockets! I mean, I realize that luthiers are skilled crafts people, but they arent THAT hard to find and train. I still dont buy that wait time BS. No way! When the demand is there, they should step up production to meet the demand. If this means adding a second shift, or third or whatever.

Keep in mind this important rule : "when people are willing to spend their money, you have to be there help them spend it and deliver the product!"
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I fully payed my order somewhere in 0504. the order was placed a couple of months before, somewhere in february I think, and well it should be about 12 months now.
                  but waiting sucks from first day on, and easton is gonna get crazy about my first weekly, now monthly order-status-requests... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  but hey, what else can I do?

it's not a nice idea to know my salaries of about my whole alternative service somewhere around the ball, without ever seeing that guitar or the guy selling it to me at all...
                  it really sucked to think about every box of beer I buy, since I really had a financally hard time that year.
                  and now noone can tell me what's up over there.

but well, that's the way the game is played... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

next time I want to oder something really nice, I will give this children-thing a try I guess.
                  they cost about the same, know how to scream and do some great noise too, and I can be pretty sure they're ready 9 months after placing the order. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Good comparison... it only takes 9 months to create a baby from start to finish, it's pretty funny that a guitar takes longer. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

From what I know, that custom shop has schedules for the production models. About custom orders, I was told by some custom shope customers, they try to collect similar orders and build them in one batch together. I.e., the custom shop waits if there are enough similar orders to run them. The more special the order is, the longer it takes to have enough similar order to run a build. An other factor is the priority. If an order is at the first position in the schedule, and the time is close to a NAMM show, then the guitars for the NAMM show have the highest priority.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say this here as it mentions a specific dealer, but I've been dealing with Matt: I submitted my specs on the form from the Jackson website on or around Feb 7th, got a quote on Feb 10th, made some final alterations and recieved the final quote from Jackson via Matt on Feb 15th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky you. I placed my order and payment in November, and I still don't know if my revised work order was accepted to my specifications or not.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you use Matt?

Lucky you. I placed my order and payment in November, and I still don't know if my revised work order was accepted to my specifications or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Yeah
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I was told by some custom shope customers, they try to collect similar orders and build them in one batch together.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it, I'm never ordering a custom shop piece from Jackson. Mine would sit for like 10 years until one Friday afternoon after the Christmas party when everyone there was sauced and someone said, "Hey let's build all that goofy shit that's been way down at the bottom of the list for years!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I thought my question got through, I guess not [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Xeno, did you use Matt?
                                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                                X