NJ Guitar Show This Sunday - Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ Guitar Show This Sunday - Anyone?

Anyone going / been to this guitar show on Sunday? I may go to check it out.....

http://brookdaleguitarshow.com/

Brooks
    www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Re: NJ Guitar Show This Sunday - Anyone?

Dude I wish I could be in New Jersey this weekend...

Comment

I'll there Sunday. My friend Chris Buono is gonna be performing there at 1:00.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I may go, not sure yet. My brother told me about it a couple days ago, and I was just checking out the website yesterday.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

<----will most likely be there...with GF and son in tow...LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I worked at this show 2 years in a row...for the store I worked for. It's a pretty decent show!

Comment

hey if you see any KOA BCRs keep me in mind.....thanks J

still looking for a Koa mockingbird & bich.

Comment

J...you'd be there first person I thought of dude....PM me your digits, and I'll buzz ya when I'm there if I spot anything (and you know that I know what to look for!) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Went to the show. It was pretty good except they moved the show to the cafeteria because of a Brookdale basketball playoff game. Other than that, there were a lot of booths. It was pretty crowded. Some of the performances were good and the clinics also. Ever heard of a guy named Jack Frost? He did a clinic on lead guitar and was smokin?

Comment

Jack Frost is in Savatage, or at least he was.

Comment

I didn't make the show this weekend since I went to my parents' house for an early dinner, but Jack Frost is a local NJ guy. I used to see him in Old Bridge at Birch Hill in the early '90s with his band Frostbite. He was in Savatage for a brief time, has another band called Seven Witches, and I'm sure he's done other stuff I can't think of offhand. I saw him last year at a Sevendust show at a new club called the Starland Ballroom like five minutes from my house here in Sayreville... that's where all the bands go now since Birch Hill closed down.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

did Jack play a BCRich or GMP?

Comment

DonF, which dude were you at the clinic, were you wearing the BLS shirt?

i stayed and BS'ed with jack frost for about an hour, one hell of a nice guy and a smokin player

i was wearing the iced earth shirt and my buddy was wearing a morbid angel shirt

Comment

jack played a blue bich through an orange splawn JCM 800

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Starland Ballroom like five minutes from my house

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a house up in Aberdeen too and it's about 20 min from Starland. That's a great place to see a show. I saw some oldie bands there, Doobies were unbelieveable, Styx was excellent. I may go to the Stevie Vai show and I just got ticket to Mahogany Rush, but that one is at BB King's in NYC.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              DonF, which dude were you at the clinic, were you wearing the BLS shirt?

i stayed and BS'ed with jack frost for about an hour, one hell of a nice guy and a smokin player

i was wearing the iced earth shirt and my buddy was wearing a morbid angel shirt

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, good to see a fellow Brick(ite) in the audience. I wasn't in the Frost Clinic. I was right across the hall in the Chris Buono clinic. Chris is a friend of mine. He was doing his avant-garde jazz stuff. A little spacey, but he also was a terrific musician. I'm not into his type music that much, lots and lots of effects. I would get tied up in knots with all the wires that he had running. Chris is a teacher at Berklee Music College. He blew me away with his vibrato. Just his fingertip moved back and forth rapidly and I mean rapidly. He has to be double-jointed, cause I can't get my finger moving that fast if I just look at it and try to do it without a guitar.

But, Jack Frost was right across the hall, and when someone opened the door, I would hear his music. I looked at my wife and said I would like to be over there, but out of respect for Chris I stayed. I'll be looking out for his name though.

Where you located in Brick? I'm down the end of Drum Point.

Comment

Working...
                              X