Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone pick up a guitar for me pls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can someone pick up a guitar for me pls?

I agree, it seems ridiculous, but he seems like he's determined to fght you on this. Maybe you should write to the Judge Joe Brown
    show; he might fly you to L.A. and it'd be binding arbitration. Maybe Lee won't want to be schooled on a TV court show and will decide to fix the guitar. I think you're going to have to take him to court to prevail, and do you really want him working on it after a judge orders him to? I'm sure you'd get the minimum workmanship that'd be acceptable in that case, he'd make sure you didn't get his best work. I'd have someone like Paddock first say if they're willing to represent you by proxy, and then find out if small claims will let him represent you by proxy. If so, it would probably be a straightforward case, IF you have a prominent local luthier, like Carruthers, who's pronounced the neck crap.
    If you DON'T have that, I think you may well lose. That again is why I suggest you have someone else fix it and sue for money, rather
    than try to force him to fix it.

I'll say this: after all this I'm sorry I ever suggested to Tekky to get a GMW when he couldn't get his guitar from JCMI. Looks like your wait was more than twice as long and you got a lemon for your troubles.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      and his crew may not admit that they were out back smoking weed while an apprentice did the crap fretwork -

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Actually Rich, GMW's front door opens up to a slightly scummy alley, so there is no "out back". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well Ron, alleys are highly favored places to repair for a fragrant toke, whether front or back! The real point is that when problems like this arise, it'scommon for the workmen to lie to cover their ass if they left a helper to do such work. Then the owner sides with his workers who say it didn't go out like that, and the ugliness is on. I just like to throw the weed thing in there, as you know! I think impairment is just slightly more defensible than "I think I'll just do a crap job here because the owner's 8,000 miles across the ocean."
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well the Ebay option doesn't seem very good. I'm guessing that a large percentage of the GMW buying community for that guitar has heard about this incident by now. It isn't going to bring good money on Ebay.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Well the Ebay option doesn't seem very good. I'm guessing that a large percentage of the GMW buying community for that guitar has heard about this incident by now. It isn't going to bring good money on Ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually thinking that selling this guitar on ebay as-is, is not great for the person who would buy it. It's a faulty guitar, anybody who likes guitars like we do would be PO'd with it soon enough. I don't think any pics of the nut area would be shown. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X