STOLEN Charvel ALERT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOLEN Charvel ALERT

Guys, a friend of mine had a 1986 black Charvel Model 5 with serial #: C606114. He was in a band called Limitless which was stencilled onto the back of the case. He passed away in July and while his wife was moving out of the home it was taken, (likely by a contractor) in the Northville, MI 48167 area. Any leads can be directed to me at:

[email protected]

Thanks for your heads up on this one. If this thing goes up for sale the JCF would be the most likely to notice. Rock on!

Joe
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Re: STOLEN Charvel ALERT

Charvel 750, I'm in Texas and probably can't help much,but how much lower can a SOB be , stealing the guitar from someone that has passed away? I hope you guys find it, and you stomp a mudhole in the thief's ass!!!.................
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

On a serious note, Im in Texas too and the chances are slim but I will look out for it. I wrote the serial # on a card in my wallet.

Comment

I live in Farmington, MI so I'm pretty close. If I see it I'll definitely let you know.

Comment

The widow should contact the police and name the contractor as the prime suspect. My AAA road atlas shows Northville as being near Detroit, so that's a big city to unload it in, but having the serial and band name should help. I'll scan Ebay, that really is heartless; that guitar is much more valuable to the widow as a memento than it could ever be to a thief.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'm in Illinois, I will keep a look out as well..

Comment

That is lower than whale shit !
              I'll keep an eye out for it, though I doubt it will end up in CT...

Comment

Yes, the widow needs to file a police report. Many times a musician loses a guitar and doesn't do this. The guitar shows up a couple of years later and there is no way to get it back since it usually can't be proven that it was stolen. Hopefully she has already done this.

Keep an eye out on ebay as well. A local music store was robbed about 5 years ago and they ended up catching the guy when he put one of the basses up for sale on ebay a few months later. Most criminals aren't very smart.

Comment

Yes, she has filed a report and named the building contractor. He died in July and she moved out in December. During the move the home was remodeled and that's when it disappeared. She realizes it's not likely to show up soon, but in time, she would buy it back from anyone who might end up with it. Apparently he wrote her a song on this guitar, and when he was laid to rest she had an etched image of the guitar made for him. So it's entirely a sentimental thing, plus it was his #1 axe. Thanks for keeping your eyes and ears open. Might surface on eBay some day...
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I will keep my eyes out for it also. Hope this person trys to sell it, so it can be found. I would hate that they stole it to play, and have it be hard to locate. As always, have her,(or if she knows musicians up there) check the local pawn and music stores. Also local music classifieds.
                    www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

That sucks plain and simple Joe. I'm sorry to hear it. I'll keep an eye out for it for sure.
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Oh, it was a serious note! How much lower can you get?.....................
                        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

That sucks! Im not near Northville, but I will certainly keep my ears and eyes open in my neck of the woods.
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I'm fairly close to Detroit so I will keep my eyes peeled. Sorry for her loss.

Comment

I'm in Portage MI, I will keep an eye out for this. I get calls all the time from people around here who are trying to get rid of some gear.

Comment

Working...
                              X