Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help about my Jackson, I don't know the model :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help about my Jackson, I don't know the model :)

I bought this one used, the guy I bought this from said it is a PS4 but I don't think he knew much about Jackson, and the guitar doesn't seem like a PS4 to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll be happy if you help. Here are the pictures [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/IMG_0565.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/IMG_0569.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/IMG_0571.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/IMG_0568.jpg
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Re: Help about my Jackson, I don\'t know the model

hmmm. It's PS4-ish. H-S-H pickups, reverse headstock, but no offset dot inlays.

Maybe it's a PS4, or even a DK3 body, mated to a reverse h/s neck off another model.

Have you pulled the neck off before? There should be markings on the base of the neck and in the neck pocket.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

No I haven't pulled it off. The tremolo system is different from Ps-4 and the scale lenght (I don't know if I used the right term [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) is 25 1/2". Also the sharkfin inlays are different [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Someone told me that it should be a Dinky...
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

the PS4 is a Dinky. Dinkies (and their Performer series counterparts ie, PS1, PS2, PS4, PS7) all have a scale length of 25 1/2".

the sharkfin inlays are most certainly different to the PS4 - the PS4 didn't have sharkfins. The fact that the headstock isn't marked "Performer" suggests that it's not a PS4 neck, although I'm not sure if they were marked thusly for the entire run of the series.

But that's why I suggest the neck may be from another, more recent, model. That might also account for the different trem. Someone might have put this beasty together from parts.

If you were to remove the neck, both the neck and neck pocket should have markings indicating which guitars they are from. That would answer your question. They may be labelled the same. One may be marked PS4, and the other KE3R, or whatever. Then you would know what body & what neck you have.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks for your help. I don't think the guy I bought this from put the neck and the body together from different guitars [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm from Turkey, and things like that are not common here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

One more question, where can I get any information from the serial number?
          It starts with "96" Does this mean it was made in 1996?
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

96 means it's made in japan, The guitar is european market X-series DR-x

Does this look familiar?

ps exchange the bridge hum to a JB, the stock pickups suck

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              96 means it's made in japan, The guitar is european market X-series DR-x

Does this look familiar?

ps exchange the bridge hum to a JB, the stock pickups suck

[/ QUOTE ]
              [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] This made me very happy! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Now I will be able to answer people when they ask me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

When did you buy this? And how much did you pay? Is it something special? I'll be very happy if you tell some more about this guitar

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

I'm in the US, but I had a Japanese PS4 that was similar to yours, but it was HH config with Chrome HW. Serial started w/99
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I don't think this is a PS-4 are you sure?
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Good catch!
                    I don't know where that pic came from. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                    My PS4 had offset dots! I don't know where that pic came from now that you mention it - I think I took it - must have been an Indian guitar I flipped when I figured out what it was [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Sorry about that, the PS4 didn't have sharks now that you mention it.

The Japanese PS4 was a good player though, I do remember that.

I'm going back to bed [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I bought mine in 2001 i think for 7700 sek (about $700 at that time)

I think it was made from 1997 to 2001.
                      DXMG replaced it in 2002, not quite sure about that though.

otherwise it's normal jackson specs 25.5inch scale and so on.

Comment

This is my PS-4, bought in the mid 90's.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cksonPS-4a.jpg
                        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

That thing has a sweet top!
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Metallic black finish, black hardware, Jackson-label pups and rev headstock. Those features are typical for the European-only X-series. I'd say Bob is most likely right when he says it's a DR-X. I have the Rhoads counterpart, the RR-X.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              That thing has a sweet top!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks GodOfRhythm. One of my faves.
                              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
                              X