No announcement yet.

New Custom Shop Arrives (Pics Inside!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Custom Shop Arrives (Pics Inside!)

How long was the wait? I wanted to get an exact copy of that guitar built.

Comment

Sweet guitar!
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Well guys, with the new little one home now, I've finally managed to squeeze in some brief playing time. Some observations:

- The neck is sweetness. Big, thick, huge slab of ebony. Slinky smooth, great fretwork.

- The set-up is sweet as well. Great intonation throughout the fretboard. I may lower the action a hair on the treble end. Near perfect, though.

- The pickups are sweet, too. Many thanks to those who recommended the Duncan Custom to me, as I'm really digging it. Nice punch, and it cleans up well, too. And the middle position sounds good both clean and crunched. Usually it's one or the other, but not both.

- Did I mention the sweet old-style G&G case?

- Overall the entire guitar is just oozing with top notch quality. It feels real solid, like it was all machined from one piece. I can't find a flaw anywhere.

A well deserved [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] to all of the guys at the custom shop. I could not have asked for anything better. They didn't just meet my (high) expectations - they blew 'em out of the water. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Anyone who tells you FMIC is ruining J/C is absolutely full of it. And if anyone tells you that these guitars are "Fender-ized" versions, tell 'em I said [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] . This is very true to the originals. Charvel is back, baby! And better than ever. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

great, i was broke when they came out, and broke when they came back. what a hosing, where's the xanax jar. congrats dude.
          tommy
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I agree, that Charvel is EXTREMELY high quality. I was really impressed when I pulled it out of the case and felt the neck. I only played it briefly but it totally reminded me of my 84' Jackson bolt on.

Enjoy it Pat and congrats to your family on the new baby!

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

That is the coolest looking guitar I've seen since the NAMM photos came out. congrats

Comment

Very, very nice! It looks awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Whoa... Awesome! Enjoy. Even though they are the same entity, when it says "Charvel" on the headstock, it seems a little more special than a Jackson bolt on.

Comment

Working...
                  X