Charvel/Gibson Little help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel/Gibson Little help ?

Can you guys help me identify this ? I have a chance to buy it but I don't know anything about it.

[image][/image]

Here's another pic... Gibson/Charvel

Thanks in advance.

Re: Charvel/Gibson Little help ?

Got any other pics? Headstock and back of HS as well by chance?

Pat

Comment

Aren't those the guitars Wayne designed for Gibson long after selling the company?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Got any other pics? Headstock and back of HS as well by chance?

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

No Pat,

I'm trying to get the guy to give me better shots. This has a set neck right ? What kind of pickups and what are they worth ? These are the questions I'd like answers for. Pretty cool guitar though !

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

This guitar looks like a Gibson US-1. Set neck is correct. I also heard that it was designed by Wayne Charvel...

Comment

That's what Iw as thinkin, I've seen them around a few times. Cool none the less. I've seen em go for $700-$1000 if it's the same axe I'm thinking of. They pop on evilbay once in a while.

Need mroe pics tho.

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              This guitar looks like a Gibson US-1. Set neck is correct. I also heard that it was designed by Wayne Charvel...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. It´s US-1 (BTW, Black seems more a rare color for these, red is much more common. White or others I´ve never seen so far).

Wayne Charvel designed, Kahler Trem, Set Neck, Gibson H-S-S pickups, used prices (Europe) generally in the 7-800 $US Range (for clean specimens w/case)

I´ve played one before, and it wasn´t bad. But all of my Gibsons and Jacksons were better guitars IMO. It just felt "wrong" to me, so I passed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I´ve played one before, and it wasn´t bad. But all of my Gibsons and Jacksons were better guitars IMO. It just felt "wrong" to me, so I passed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also played one many years ago. The only things I thought which are wrong, were the knobs and the Gibson logo [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I had one. It was the Steinberger trem version. The Steinberger ones are not as easy to sell as the Floyd style bridge models. I think I finally got $400 for that one after dragging it around for a year.

The Steinberger trem is really shoddy and parts are inpossible to get. To make things worse, nothing retrofits. You need to have it routed for Kahler or Floyd to change it.

Comment

Not trying to Hijack, but there is a Gibson SR-71 FS locally here for cheap, black too. Looks similar at a glance to this one. Is it related/worth picking up if it's in good shape?

Edit - I just realized the local dude is using the same pics you have. Is he claiming a local sale to you too heartfielder?
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Not trying to Hijack, but there is a Gibson SR-71 FS locally here for cheap, black too. Looks similar at a glance to this one. Is it related/worth picking up if it's in good shape?

Edit - I just realized the local dude is using the same pics you have. Is he claiming a local sale to you too heartfielder?

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the help, but that IS the guy I'm dealing with. Thanks for looking out for a JCF brother !

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X