Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

? was the first Jackson/Charvel Website??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? was the first Jackson/Charvel Website??

<font color="yellow">I was curious about this and thought I'd pose it to the masses.

What and when was the first recognized Jackson/Charvel website/board online??

Who created the first??

I realize that the JCF and Charvel Central are probably (most definitely) the most recognized and popular guitar sites on the web, and the JCF has one of the larger (possibly largest) online memberships to an online forum (am I correct in that??).

Again, just a question. I think it would be cool to learn the who's and when's of this.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

Re: ? was the first Jackson/Charvel Website??

Hard to say. At differant times in 01-02 and before there were boards on Rob's(Lane) site and if memory serves correct on Bret's(slo100)site as well.

Comment

I know Rob Lanes was up in 99, that's when I bought my first charvel
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I'm pretty sure Rob had his in '97, but maybe '98... either way Rob's site was the first that I remember.
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Rob Lane's site was really the one that got everything started. Even though he's out of the hobby now (and some may not like him) he did create a huge amount of interest in C/J's at a time that they were not all that popular. His online classifieds were a big deal at the time and he had an amazing selection of guitars coming and going. It was also the first place that had a C/J chat room. He also was quite close with Mike Shannon and Tim Wilson as well as the other guys at the factory. He had spent time with Grover Jackson and Karl Sandoval as well.

There were many good sites around (and still are) but Rob Lane was one of the few that actually knew the parties involved. During the several years that he was active with it his site was by far the best.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            <font color="yellow">I realize that the JCF and Charvel Central are probably (most definitely) the most recognized and popular guitar sites on the web, and the JCF has one of the larger (possibly largest) online memberships to an online forum (am I correct in that??).</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

For J/C sites, yes. For guitar forums (or web forums in general), no. The Fender forum, for one example, has over 45,000 members - about 10x as many as we do.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              For J/C sites, yes. For guitar forums (or web forums in general), no. The Fender forum, for one example, has over 45,000 members - about 10x as many as we do.

[/ QUOTE ]

As with typical boards, most are lurkers. I am a member there as well and id say maybe 3-500 post on a regualr basis. That # is questionable in my eyes anyway. As is the owner.... He has gone to great pains to make that place the most anal retentive (sp?) forum around. That being said, there are a lot of very knowledgable people there. The LPF is also very popular...over 12000 members.
              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

The TDPRI (Tele board) has 8500+ members.

And there are much larger online forums than even the Fender forum as well. There are sites out there with hundreds of thousands of members.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  As with typical boards, most are lurkers. I am a member there as well and id say maybe 3-500 post on a regualr basis. That # is questionable in my eyes anyway. As is the owner.... He has gone to great pains to make that place the most anal retentive (sp?) forum around. That being said, there are a lot of very knowledgable people there. The LPF is also very popular...over 12000 members.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt, as there are a large number of lurkers here too. I don't mean to discredit the JCF in anyway, I just wanted to point out that we're small potatoes compared to some of the other forums out there.

Comment

Harmony Central has 55,890 members.

JCF is definitely one of the coolest online forums around (IMHO), but is hardly the largest. But large doesn't necessarily mean it's better anyway... just look at how many "trolls" forums like Harmony Central get.

If "smaller" means "cleaner"... then smaller is probably better [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I generally relate the time that I started realizing that C/J's were actually collectible with the time I started working at MCI. That would have been in early 99 which is when I found Rob's site. I may sound like a space cadet, but were there forums there then? I do remember the classifieds, but am drawing a blank on the forums.

Comment

I like smaller boards better, its a tighter community than something like HC.

Comment

Its a nice little close nit family here.

Comment

I remember back in '96/7 when Rob Lane had an immense collection of BC Rich guitars as well. I remember him telling me (I used to talk to him on a regular basis) when he decided to blow out ALL of his BC collection to start concentrating heavily on J/C's (mostly Jacksons though)

Comment

I keep a lot of the old Rob Lane site up - but the board (Vodoo Lounge) is gone. Also added some little things and will be adding more as I get time.
                              http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X