Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

? was the first Jackson/Charvel Website??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ? was the first Jackson/Charvel Website??

Rob's site was the first I stumbled over in `98. Larry Langell also had a great site I came across slightly after.

Comment

I always wondered what happened to the Rob Lane site. It was one of my first sites I discovered when I bought my first Jackson in 1999.

Comment

Larry I think yours was the first with a real chatroom. I thought Rob's was kind of like a "leave a comment" type thing. I can't remmeber now. Geez in a couple short years that'll be 10 years ago! Amazing.

I went live with mine in the fall of 1997 and Rob's predated that.

Imagine a world with no ebay, one J/C site, a primitive chat/bulletin board engine, and only about 25 total people!

It is definitely a different world!

I don't know if it is still active but there was a guitar classifieds site called "The Guitar Exchange" where Rob used to post these crazy things about "Paying cash for USA Charvels and Jacksons!!!!!" That is how I met Rob prior to his site going live, I am pretty sure. That must have been 1996.

I met a few others through "Vintage Guitar" classifieds that I used to see and even one through the Washington Post classifieds (the paper one)!

Good times...

Sam there are two or three other threads where the lineage of the JCF is traced back to those original sites. I think our memories are getting worse because all the stories seem to change each time it happens again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Do a search!
        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Robs' was the first i remember. i used to drool over the pic of the hallway/stairway with all the Jacksons hanging on the wall [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
          X