Help identifying Phil Collen model.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help identifying Phil Collen model.

I´ll take some new pics of my arch tomorrow, Brooks. It´s gotta look its best!

Are you gonna get more horrorthemed guitars, by the way? The ?´s are a dead giveaway [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a white PC archtop exactly like the one in your picture, it's a Jap, not a USA. The Jap guitars just have the Jackson Professional on the headstock, not the USA etc.
      Having said that, they are pretty much identical to the USA guitars i think?

Comment

I've got a KV1-Pro from the same era. There are some subtle differences between the Jap and USA versions. Jap's had slightly thinner headstocks (front-to-back), the binding was a little different, the fret crowning was a little bit different. Nothing major.
        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

how many USA, and Jap models were built, does anyone know?
          also, when did they go into production and when did they syop making them? I'm sure Brooks probably knows this

Comment

I played the prototype years ago at drumcity guitarland.Jason scored it from Grover IIRC.It was amazingly comfortable and sounded killer.I cant remember if it had a floyd or a kahler, but im thinking it was a kahler.Jason had a black pearl import that i wanted badly but he sold it rather quickly.Phil oughta pull one of these out on the leppard/Bryan adams tour.

Comment

Dont know how many Japans - but I have the USA serial # chart listing on my site under the archtop models.

Brooks
              www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Working...
              X