Mustaine playing KV1 in latest Megadeth video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustaine playing KV1 in latest Megadeth video

It looks like his silver KV-1 that he has put up for sale on Megadeth.com. The video link is below. This could be the last time we seem Mustaine and a KV-1. I thought it was pretty cool

http://www.mp3.com/video/225/viewer.php

Edit: Its some actor playing it most of the time, but he plays a solo on it at the end

Re: Mustaine playing KV1 in latest Megadeth video

Are you sure that's him playing the solo? The only face shots you see are where he's playing his DV8 or whatever it's called.

I like the lyrics to that song on another note [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I could be wrong, but those look like the right notes and the left hand style looks like Mustaines. Im a megadeth geek id hate to be proved wrong! I think it is Dave, but obviously there arent any face shots as he is an ESP guy now

Comment

Wow - stellar tune!

Thanks for the link.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

It's the actor, not Mustaine.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

it actually is a pretty cool tune, i've heard some weird stuff's goin on with TSHF, so this was cool...ah silver KV's always remind me of dave...cool to see.

Comment

go to 3:49 - 3:50 in the tune.... mustain holds his guitar.... you can clearly see that the headsock has 3 letters on it - obviously ESP

Comment

At 1:34 it looks to me like a kahler bridge on an old KV the actor is playing. Dave is playing an ESP.

Ya gotta love it, you can clearly see the Jackson logo 4 or 5 time in the video. I had a hard time seeing ESP at all.

Comment

thats def a esp, i saw the head stock and it was cut out like a esp one.

Comment

Has there been anything written about what Dave would have done with Jackson if he had bought it? I love Megadeth, but I don't think it would have done Jackson Guitars any good to be owned by Mustaine. Existing as an independent entity, prices would have had to jump to PRS levels for them to stay in business. Otherwise, he'd have had to re-attach Jackson/Charvel to another music corporation for them to remain competitive.
                    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Nah he'd probably have sold the company for $50 to buy more heroin [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey, at least there's a Jackson in a Megadeth video. That's gotta piss ESP off. Chances are, Dave played the solo just so the notes would be correct, but as far as anyone's concerned, it's supposed to be the "young Dave" actor playing it. If you pay attention, it doesn't look like the actor knows how to play guitar, as you can see him palming the fretboard most of the time. He looks kind of like Warren DeMartini. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyway, neat that Dave didn't hold a grudge and put the Jackson in the video to be true to the fact that those are the guitars he played when he was younger.

--Dan
                        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Actually there shoulda been a Mockingbird in there first, then the KV.
                          But yeah it's good to see that Dave's such a stickler for detail that he did put a real KV in there. I'm surprised ESPee hasn't forced him to put a brighter spotlight on the guitar than on himself, but then it's Dave, so I'm not really surprised [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          He probably wanted a tight spot kept on himself just because ESPee told him to show the guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Cool song, thanks for posting the vid. I had not heard anything from the new Megadeth 'til now...might have to check out the whole CD.

[ QUOTE ]
                            Anyway, neat that Dave didn't hold a grudge and put the Jackson in the video to be true to the fact that those are the guitars he played when he was younger.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I have a bit of a different take on this. Maybe I'm reading WAY too much into this, but do you think maybe it's a small 'swipe' at Jackson? Possibly saying: 'This is what I played when I was young and immature, but now that I'm older and wiser...I'm playing ESP's!' ??? Kinda goes along with the apparent theme of the song. Yeah, I know....A little too much thinking I my part, [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] but it's the first thing that came to mind.....

-Kenn

Comment

Me likey! Good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X