My Day At Jackson Headquarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Day At Jackson Headquarters

Hi everyone. I just spent the last few days in AZ and on Monday I was fortunate to spend the entire day at Jackson/Charvel Headquarters in Scottsdale.

My day started by taking a tour of the building and meeting all the inside people I deal with over the phone each day. Afterward, I spent most of the day with the guys that run Jackson and Charvel. Although I've been selling Jackson/Charvel since 1989 and playing them since 1985, I can safely say that I am MUCH more qualified to sell these guitars now, then ever before.

Because I've been playing Jackson/Charvel for so long, I've always known that they're superior playing guitars. Now, I actually know "why" they play and sound so good. Beside the obvious reasons, now I know what really makes a Charvel and Jackson different from other brands out there.

There's been alot of discussion here regarding Jackson/Charvel becoming "Fenderized". After being schooled on the subject, I can tell you this couldn't be further from the truth. Yes, Fender owns JCMI and yes, the USA guitars are made in the same building. But the people, construction processes, paint, hardware, wood types... everything down to the way the guitars are buffed is different from the way Fenders are built. These guitars are definitely NOT Fenders!

If any of you are considering buying an Import, USA Select or Custom Shop guitar, you're already on the right track because the guitars are great. With the product training I just received, I feel like I'm in a better position than ever to answer your questions and make the purchase of your guitar, a smooth transaction.

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Re: My Day At Jackson Headquarters

Great story Matt!! Jack.

Comment

You didn't happen to get out of there with goodies from Morgan R.'s or John W.'s offices did you?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Or inside information regarding certain somethings? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Maybe a box full of old work orders? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Or inside information regarding certain somethings? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Maybe a box full of old work orders? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen where they are filed... (in CA) and it's gonna take more than a box...
          Occupy JCF

Comment

I'll tell you one thing... I saw some DAMN cool guitars. The transparent blue Rhoads with the Guitar World logo on it that graced the cover of GW with Jenna a few months ago was there. A bunch of one offs and prototypes were hanging around as well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

<font color="aqua">Very cool Matt, glad you had a great time and thanks for sharing the info!
              </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Cool Matt!!

Comment

Have you been out there before Tekky?

Comment

Any pics from Jackson Headquarters?
                    Maybe pics of people who run the headquarters or the pics fo the buildings?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Have you been out there before Tekky?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year at NAMM, Mike Shannon gave a couple of us a tour of the Custom Shop. I have to admit, I am probably speculating more than anything that the two file-cabinets that I saw inside the door to the finishing room is where they held the work orders.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing the Custom Shop myself. This time around it was all the offices though. Hopefully next time I'll get to the factory.

Sorry Toru, no pics...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I'm looking forward to seeing the Custom Shop myself. This time around it was all the offices though. Hopefully next time I'll get to the factory.

Sorry Toru, no pics...

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have mentioned somthing Matt ..we could have gotten Shannon to give you the red carpet treatment ..
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thanks for the post Matt. Only problem is now I have a boat load of questions. We'll talk next time I am in the shop!
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Only problem is now I have a boat load of questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm ready for you, come on down!

Comment

Working...
                              X