Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Day At Jackson Headquarters

Matt:

I've got a stupid question! The scalloped lower horn on the DK2; do all the newer DK2s, DK2FSs, and DK2Ss have it, or just some? What determines which models get it? Thanks.

Comment

Are the new Charvels built in the same plant? Just curious if the same employees who build Jacksons are also working on this line.

Comment

All the new Charvels are built in the same place the USA Select and Custom Shop guitars are built. But, the San Dimas Standard Charvels and USA Select Jacksons are "team built" and the Custom Shop guitars are only built by a couple guys. Mainly, Mike Shannon and Pablo Santana.

This is just one of the reasons that make Custom Shop guitars so special.

I'll check the DK2 question for you ewright.

Matt
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          USA Select Jacksons are "team built" and the Custom Shop guitars are only built by a couple guys. Mainly, Mike Shannon and Pablo Santana.

This is just one of the reasons that make Custom Shop guitars so special.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was really suprised when I noticed my '04 custom rhoads was built by one person from start to finish, kind of a 'master-built' guitar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] And it really plays like no other!

Comment

Oh wow, so my Custom Shop 7-string Warrior will either say "MS" or "PRS" on it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

A PRS Jackson???? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Pablo R Santana [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They actually had one that he made that was kinda PRS-shaped in the Archives before the buyout - they had it listed as a "Jackson PRS" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What is this 7 string Warrior your talking about Newc fill me in.
                  Also awsome story Matt this has been a good read for me.
                  According To The Prophecy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    ... Yes, Fender owns JCMI and yes, the USA guitars are made in the same building. But the people, construction processes, paint, hardware, wood types... everything down to the way the guitars are buffed is different from the way Fenders are built...
                    Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i'm stupid, but i didn't get that point until now...
                    means this:
                    us selects are made in scottsdale
                    customs are still made in ontario
                    or
                    all made in scottsdale
                    ???
                    when did they move production/factory to the fender buildings?

thx for yer help
                    Andy

Comment

Headquarters in Scotsdale, Az.

Factory in Corona, Ca.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That's correct, there is no manufacturing at all in Scottsdale. The headquarters house offices for marketing, advertising, IT, R&D, accounts receivable/payable, etc...

All of the USA manufacturing is done in Corona CA.

Comment

when did they move from ontario to corona
                          i totally missed that point somehow
                          soon after the integration in FMIC i read "...headquarters will go to scottsdale, but us production stays in ontario..."
                          thanks
                          Andy

Comment

Well the sale was in Fall 2002 IIRC. For a short while after that, the plant stayed in Ontario. Eventually though, manufacturing ops were moved to the Fender facility in Corona. Probably early 2003 (?)

I remember when everybody had a sh*t fit because they wanted it to stay in Ontario. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                            X