Jackson Mid-Boost Circuitry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Mid-Boost Circuitry

I own a Charvel 650Xl with a J-50BC humbucker, and two J-200 stacked single coils as well as the mid-boost circuitry. I recently replaced the J-50BC with a Duncan Invader. I now have a VERY hot signal with the mid boost. No problem though I can always back down the mid boost knob. Since I really don't need the mid boost 90% of the time I am thinking of removing it but it will a pain in the rear. My question is this... Does the mid-boost set in the mid (neutral) position colour your tone in any way or is it transparent?

Thanks in advance for the opinions. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Steve

Re: Jackson Mid-Boost Circuitry

The whole circuit colors you're tone, since there's no why to bypass it. You can only turn down the amount of mid-boost you want.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

so If I remove the circut do think it will sound a whole lot different than it does now with the mid knob on half way?

Comment

1/2 way is half boost, so it will sound more like it would when the knob is all the way off.

You'll notice it sounds a little more clearer and open, but not too much different. The circuit is actually pretty good at avoiding tone sucking. It might be comparable to playing through a non-true bypass distortion pedal (bypassed). You lose some clarity, but not too much.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I took a mid-boost circuit out of a USA fusion (not sure if it was the same circuit) and replaced the bridge p/u for a Duncan JB at the same time.....the single coils were really low in output in comparison, but I'm not sure if that would have happened with the humbucker if I'd left it in place.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

i use a the JE-1000 mid-booster with two J-200 and a dimarzio super3 in my 375DLX. i added a mini-switch for the super3 to route it directly to the output-jack, and there is a difference noticable, even when the mid-boost-knob is turned down all the way.
            there is less outputlevel and a more clearer tone of the super3 without the midboost.

Comment

Working...
            X