What happened to the search function?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the search function?

I was just looking for an old thread in the tech-forum and the search function told me that I can't search for threads which are older than 9 months. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    Why? Are the old threads deleted? If they still exist I see no reason why this shouldn't be possible anymore. Or do I have to have 1000+ posts to look for old threads? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: What happened to the search function?

I had the same problem.
    I wanted to look for some old threads but it doesn't let me to find something older than 9months...
    [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I also noticed that if you do a couple searches in a row, it'll pause and tell you that you can't do another search at this time and you must wait a little while before trying again. Strange!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

must have something to do with the software upgrade
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Anyone having trouble logging in? For the past few days, the log-in never loads on the first try. If I hit reload, though, it always comes up on the second try. Weird.
          [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            must have something to do with the software upgrade

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it can probably be fixed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
            Anyone having trouble logging in? For the past few days, the log-in never loads on the first try. If I hit reload, though, it always comes up on the second try. Weird. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed exactly the same phenomenon [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Anyone having trouble logging in? For the past few days, the log-in never loads on the first try. If I hit reload, though, it always comes up on the second try. Weird.

[/ QUOTE ] Yup.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
                Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I think the new software upgrade limits how many searches you can do in a certain time span in order to reduce the load on the server?

The only problem is when you go from Active Topics to a topic and then hit your back button. That counts as a second search and will fail.

As a workaround, keep the Active Topics window open and open new windows off of the links on Active Topics.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I had the same problem.
                    I wanted to look for some old threads but it doesn't let me to find something older than 9months...
                    [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I looked it still gave you the option to go back 2 years. It's gotta be a glitch or else it wouldn't even give you the option to go back futher than 9 months, right? Just thinking out loud.
                    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
                    X