While we are Photoshop'ing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While we are Photoshop'ing...

I decided to work up the guitar I've had in my head for a while. It's basically a Swee-Tone Jazz'R with a florintine cutaway, like the Gibson ES series. If only I had the cash, I'd call the Custom Shop tomorrow...

Re: While we are Photoshop\'ing...

Kinda cool,but it does look very much like a GMP!

Comment

Added a Surfcaster headstock (definitely what I want) and a cat's eye-ish sound hole (which I'm undecided about). I'd probably have the body constructed more like a Surfcaster instead of the Swee-Tones too...more of a rocker.

What's a GMP? Gibson somethingornother?

Comment

BTW - when I said it would be constructed like a Surfcaster, it would still be a neck-thru - just more of a straightforward semi-hollow body instead of the complicated construction of the Swee-Tones.

Comment

www.gmpguitars.com....check out the Roxie model.

Comment

Nice job Evolver!

Comment

Ahh, I see. Never heard of them before. The Pawn Shop model looks a bit more like what I've got here than the Roxie, I think.

I still want it from the Jackson Custom Shop though...simply because the neck on every Jackson and Charvel I've owned fits me perfectly, and their quality is aboslute top notch. Not to say GMP isn't, I'm sure they are great.

I'll admit that as far as style goes, I'm not the typical Jackson customer...I don't care at all about graphics on guitars, and honestly I don't like sharkfin inlays either. I've owned more Charvel Strats than anything, and I really dig the Surfcaster look, which has what I perceive to be a Rickenbacker influence. (I'm a RIC fan too).

Comment

Something like this GMP Pawnshop Special?

I'm a major GMP freak. In my opinion, GMP and Jackson are the two best USA made guitars you can buy. They occupy different segments of the market and after many dozens of top end Jacksons, my personal preference is now 100% GMPs.
                If you like Jackson, you'll like GMP.

[ January 14, 2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Chuckracer ]

Comment

Thanks Number of the Priest!

Chuck - why yes, they do indeed look a lot alike. I hadn't heard of GMP before today (I don't read any of the Guitar mags anymore) but I'll have to check them out.

The body I painted is a little different though...the cutaway goes up higher, and the entire body is bigger. The GMP looks to be about the same size as a Les Paul, and I was going for something closer to an ES-135, though slightly smaller.
                  [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X