Pics of some past friends Jacksons/Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pics of some past friends Jacksons/Charvels

yeha way cool. call that dude and ask for bettter PICS @!!!

Comment

Yes, that's Steve DeLong. Sweet FA formed just about a month after that photo of him. That ended up being our last show with Renegade. My brother saw him a year or 2 ago. He was working for a local sound company, so I assume he still is. Did you know him, or see SFA?

Wish I could get in contact with the guys who own(ed) the guitars, but I've lost touch. David Carmichael, and Mike lived in Lexington, KY around 1988, and Brent moved to Van Nuys, CA, then to Phoenix I believe.
      www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Nah I never got to see em but I have both cds, the 1st is a kick ass cd. I wish he would come back ole Steve has one helluva voice.

Comment

Yeah, Steve had a cool voice, and the DLR kicks too. Some interesting side notes. Mark, the guitar player in Steve's band Thrust in the mid 80's, is a top guy at Guitar Center headquarters (he goes by Max at GC though). Steves ex-gf Penny, and mother of their child (who should be mid teens by now), is now married to Jesse James Dupree from Jackyl. I also went to school with Penny. She's always been reall pretty. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jesse/Penny
          And Jeff Diehl, a recording engineer that my brother and I work with, and was an engineer on SFA's 1st album, worked with Gene Simmons on his solo album AH. Jeff/Gene
          Thanks for all the comments, etc... guys.

Comment

I like that checkerboard Charvel! And, uh, hey, Penny ain't half bad, either. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

wow,that checkerboard is too cool!i've never seen that kind before!

Comment

Dude, thanks for sharing [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy spandex hell! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Man, these type of pics bring back alot of memories of my high school days. Very cool guitars, especially the Checkerboard! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Chris
                  Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Holy moley, you know Maxx eh. That guy signs my paychecks.

Comment

Nice guitars!!!

Comment

yeah, I know him a little. Had a nice talk at the Indy grand opening. I don't know if he still has it, but in Thrustt, he had a white Kelly like mine. I've never seen a Checkerboard like that either, and rarely see a red Kelly. Glad to share the pics.

Comment

Hey Hollywood, "Howard Benson" is that you?, Just thought I might ask, after replying to this the other day, I went home & pulled out the SFA cd's & saw the name under the credits if it is you that's pretty damn cool to have your name on the thanks list of their cd's, I did notice though that on the 1st cd there were 5 members & on the 2nd 4, you don't know what the deal was huh? Cuz the 1st cd rocked, the 2nd ok but not as good as the 1st.

Comment

Nope,I'm not Howard. It's always cool to have a mention like that though. Maybe I'll get mentioned on a big CD someday. Howard produced their first CD. I don't think he produced the 2nd, but I'm not sure. He's produced quite a few bands since then (if it's the same HB that is). There are a lot of links about him if you search Google.

As far as the 2nd SFA album, they let go of Jim Quick, and had a session guy do it. According to Tricky, they were also having problems within the band at the time of the 2nd album. I assume it was in addition to the release of Jim. Yeah, the old Sophomore effort seems to get a lot of bands. I would've been happy having the very mild success they did though. It's more than a lot of us ever get. This site should give you more info. Sleaze Roxx

There's also an interview with Nick Lane(Tricky)on Metal Sludge. Metal Sludge It was just posted a couple days ago. It's not really that interesting though. Ranks up there with Kelly Hansen's 20 Q's. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If you're not familiar with his, do a search on MS. I just saw recently that KH is singing for Foreigner now. He used to sing for Hurricane for those of you who don't know. He's a good vocalist IMO.

Comment

Damn now that's cool Kelly Hansen has an awesome voice also. Man I gotta see them if they tour with him.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                I like that checkerboard Charvel! And, uh, hey, Penny ain't half bad, either. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of each Please!
                                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                                X