Pawn Shop Find Worth IT????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawn Shop Find Worth IT????

Hey Guys, Trolling around Pawn Shops today I found a USA Bolt on Jackson, San Dimas Plate,(Ontario Built) Hum/Slant Single,Vol 3 way toggle Looks like Duncans.Maple/Maple Neck, Aged White with Jt6 trem, asking 350.00 with Hardshel case, but the guy said make him a offer...What do ya think?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Pawn Shop Find Worth IT????

totally worth it, but still lowball him
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Oh I am a cheap Bastard...I am thinking 300 out the door? Jt6 would need replaced

Comment

You should offer $250.
        Tell him the slant single is not original even if was the original.
        Also tell him the original floyd was replaced with the JT6.
        So he should sell it much lower.
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

What exactly is this name of this pawn shop?... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Buy the freakin thing and stop pissing the rest of us off! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Buy the freakin thing and stop pissing the rest of us off! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

+2 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I will check if they are open tomorrow, worst case I get it for 300.00, it will make a decent project guitar maybe a nice graphic doner or something, but the JT6 gotta go..and get some EMG's in there..

Comment

Guys, this is bad info. Those guitars are worthless.

sdjacksonlover, please give me the telephone number of this pawn shop - I would like to call these guys up and give them a piece of my mind for charging so much for these things.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I say buy it!
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Easiest approach... Bring $300 with you. Keep $250 in your pocket and another $50 in your car. Empty your wallet of any plastic you might have and don't bring a check book. Ask to see the guitar and play it a bit. Act like you're interested in the guitar, but kind of act a little apprehensive about the $350 price. Talk about how the you've really been wanting an axe like this and if there is an amp play some stuff on it. After a bit of jamming on it power down the amp and pass him back the guitar and sort of just pace around the store a bit (like you're thinking or whatever). Then come back to him and offer him $250 cash, no tax. He might be set off instantly by the offer but the whole purpose of the offer is to pretty much get him to counter offer with something else. Chances are that he'll say $300, then when he offers that counter it with $275, no tax. Whatever he agrees to, make sure you go for a 'drive' (go drive around the block for 10 minutes or so) and come back in with the exact amount. He should probably take that, or if worse comes to worse you pay $300 and you still get a deal.

The other option is to go in guns blazing with your offer and be real firm that you have a set price you want to spend and you're not going to budge a dime over it. This one is a bit more difficult since you have to be prepared to walk on it.

Don't feel bad about low balling him, remember that with a price as low as that, he probably has a very low investment in the guitar. Also, don't delay. I waited two days on a Gibson Les Paul Custom that would've been an excellent value and I missed it because some guy walked in checking out the guitars on a Saturday morning, saw it and bought it for the obscenely low price ($325 with case).

Comment

I suggest that you pull the "birthday money" scam. Tell him that you have $280.00 total between your wife (if applicable) and inlaws, and that price needs to include taxes. If he won't go for it, work him for a while and then take the 10 minute drive mentioned above. Point out the age of the guitar, any scratches, etc...
                          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Um, USA Bolt-on?

Comment

Soooo....

Did you get it sdjacksonlover?

Edit - Derrrr.. Maybe I should look down one post? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X