Help on choosing a neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on choosing a neck

I have several necks lying around here, so I thought I would change a little stuff around. I need you guys to vote on the neck you like best. I personally like the maple reverse best, but the ebony is the original, and probly looks the nicest on it. I just threw the strathead on it for kicks.

Re: Help on choosing a neck

My votes for maple reverse, looks killer!!!

-Jason

Comment

I love the maple, but hate the reverse..so went with ebony.

Comment

Maple reverse! The ebony is nice too, but I like the maple board with that graphic. Besides, that will save some wear and tear on the original and you can always change it back if you want. That's the cool thing about bolt-ons! Options, options, options! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Chris
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

That thing screams strathead to me.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I would vote reverse strathead, but you don't have one, so regular strathead it is! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Definately would have gone with the maple except the reversed headstock makes it look funny.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I would vote reverse strathead, but you don't have one, so regular strathead it is!

[/ QUOTE ] If you sold me one, I could put it on there! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Maple reverse because of the colors involved.
                  -With the ebony, you go from the bright green to the black parts of the graphic and pickups to the black board to the black headstock - like a cone with a sharp point, which doesn't match the roundness of the body.
                  -With the Maple Reverse, you have the maple board in there to act as a balance between the blackness, and the black headstock acts as a "stop".
                  -With the Strathead, you go from bright green and dark black to all maple and it sort of dissipates without a defined "end" to the color.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

man, that's a toughy. The strathead just edges the maple reverse for me
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I love the maple, but hate the reverse..so went with ebony.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Newc, you have really put some time into this for me. Maybe you should come over and look at my Great Room and pics some colors for me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Maple reverse. For some reason Strat heads and wild graphics just don't sit right for me. The Maple adds a nice break up to the color scheme like Newc said.

Comment

Maple reverse looks really nice... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              I would vote reverse strathead, but you don't have one, so regular strathead it is!

[/ QUOTE ] If you sold me one, I could put it on there! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Well, I don't have one... but you can always get a paddle-head from Carvin and cut your own. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X