My group photos..The Jackson 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My group photos..The Jackson 3

Well, here is my first attemp to post the group photos of my babies. But first, let me please introduce myself. Hi' I am Scott and I love Jackson/Charvels..sounds like an AA meeting.

I am new to this forum and hope to stay here a long, long time. Fact is, I have been lurking around, reading and just sucking up the knowledge you all have to give. Once again, Thanks!
    I am a network analyst/engineer by day and guitar player by night. I am 38 and been playing since 13-15yr. My favorite style is anything funky, blues with a little metal embedded. I loved the 80s and tried hard to make it but small gigs and too much partying was all we ever achieved.

The first picture is the group with my newest addition the Jackson SD Dinky #1420, 1988 Model 2 (I think) and my 1988 Dinky Professional XL (I think)...

Next up is a close up of the SD Dinky. I just purchased this from George (SeventhSon)who is a wonderful person. This is a Jackson SD serial:1420 with ebony over maple. The guitar was sold to me with the original order from Jackson to show its authenticity. It plays like a dream. It has EMG 85 in the brige with 2 EMG singles. Its a heavy guitar but feels soooo good....

Next up is my Charvel Model 2. All original with Jackson trem and pickup. This thing is minty fresh with hardly a swirl mark. It also plays like a dream...I picked this up on the bay for a great deal including original case.

And finally is the Jackson Dinky XL. I believe its 1988 but I am not sure. One thing that is for sure, this Japanese model plays fantastic and looks incredible as well. They really made these Professional models very well..I have kept everything original except for the the pickup which I replaced with a Duncan JB. I picked this up about 3 years ago on Ebay for around $200 with original case as well.

Well thats it for now. I have a few others that I will post later including a PRS Custome 24 10 Top, PRS Amber Singlecut (willing to trade or sell btw...)A Ibanez rg470DX, and probably enough parts to build at least 3 more guitars... More to come! Thanks for letting me share.
    Scott-

Re: My group photos..The Jackson 3

That's a cool color on the XL. Nice 3 some, heh heh.
    www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Welcome to the JCF. I like the Charvel Model series myself, they are great players. I still have my Model 6 which I bought new in the 80's! Like you, Ive also picked up a few on E-Bay. In fact the last one was a Model 2 that we refinished in a flip flop paint and converted to a Floyd.
      Thanks for sharing your pics, they look great!

Rudy
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Comment

Cool guitars!!
          Congrats and hope you score even more!
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Jackson Dinky XL. I believe its 1988 but I am not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dinky XLs were produced from 1992 to 1995.

Cool axes! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Love the top on the XL!!
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Great guitars, welcome to the JCF!

Comment

Nice threesome you got there! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Welcome and nice group you got there! Cool color on the XL.

Comment

very nice guitars. I like the look of the XL
                      93 USA Soloist EDS
                      USA HT6 Juggernaut
                      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Very nice collection. Welcome to the best place on the net [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Ditto on the XL top. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The Jackson 3

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to Michael and Tito? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Thanks for the compliments and the warm welcomes! The only problem with the XL is the fact that it is very light and I prefer a heavier feel for sustain and all. I also like the trem that Jackson installed and after a little research, I beleive the XL to be a 92. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X