Any good Jackson dealers in New York?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good Jackson dealers in New York?

I´m going to new york in about a mounth, and could really need some tips for jackson dealers.

I kinda got the impression from my father that there was a possibility to get a new guitar during this trip.
    I would save a lot compared to sweden, and would perhaps be able to get a Usa Jackson/Charvel.

So any good stores, and would like if they have some used guitars, to save money if possible?

So please heple me, so i doesn´t have to get a gibson or something [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Any good Jackson dealers in New York?

Back in the day, Sam Ash on 48th Street was frikin awsome and there where a bunch of cool shops all on the same block (the ESP custom shop was there until like 1990 before moving out to california). Kind of a mini "guitar" district if you will. These days, they all mostly carry the same fender and gibson guitars that everyone else does (and some pricy collector stuff if that grabs you), but there are still bunch of shops there so you never know. There are also a bunch of smaller shops scattered about mid-town which sometimes have cool used stuff, but they are hit/miss and I honestly do not really remember where they are (except if I am there I can nose my way around).

Check out on line for the Music Zoo. They have begun stocking more Jacksons/Charvels lately are are located in Queens, just a cab ride (may be pricy but doable and probably cheaper by public transportation).

One place that does usually stock killer Jacksons is "Guitar Asylum", also online. Not cheap and not always the easist to deal with, but they get things. They are locatyed out on Long Island and it is a trip, but still in the area if you rent a car (I am not sure about a train but it is possible -its like an hour? east of Manhattan.

Enjoy and hope you find somthing cool.
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

yeah the city 48th st. used to be really cool, no longer. guitar asylum is far, its over an hour by car, easy. check out musiczoo. otherwise they are just small places scattered around & the big SA,GC types. GC carries Jacksons but usually they have one USA made & alot of cheapo imports. i personally wouldnt deal with guitar asylum since ive had a problem with them.

Comment

Buy from one of JCF online dealers and have someone in NY to receive it ,hand it to you when you arrive in NY and buy a beer or two to him.
        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey dude, lemme know when ya come to NY. I've wanted to check out the Music Zoo for awhile too. We'll go huntin for USA Jacksons and throw back a few in the process [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] BTW, 48th Street does suck now. Rudy's Music is the only shop left checking out. All high end stuff, Gibson, Parkers, no Jackson but cool amps too

Comment

I'm with that dude! When your in NY let us know, we'll drink ... a lot.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

There is a shop on 23rd Street near 8th ave called Chelsea Guitars. Hole in the wall, but some cool old stuff. You are just not allowed to touch any of it or walk near it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I'm with that dude! When your in NY let us know, we'll drink ... a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Unfortunally i´m going with my famiily, and i aint 21 yet either... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I can just see a teenager being seen around NY with a bunch of older guys - oh man, the Michael Jackson innuendo THAT kinda scene would bring [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    There is a shop on 23rd Street near 8th ave called Chelsea Guitars. Hole in the wall, but some cool old stuff. You are just not allowed to touch any of it or walk near it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And when he says "hole in the wall," believe it. Man was I caught off guard when I walked in there one time. They did have a BC Rich 10 string Bich I nearly wet myself over, but other than that, nothing.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] esepcialy with older drunk men. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not a big Guitar Center fan but they recently opened a store on 14th street and they occasionally carry USA Jackson's. Your not going to get forum dealer pricing but it's definitely going to be cheaper then Sweden.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Buy from one of JCF online dealers and have someone in NY to receive it ,hand it to you when you arrive in NY and buy a beer or two to him.
                          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a damn good idea right there. Matt, Scott or Kev would hook ya up with a great price compared to the bigger guys, and just take it back home with ya on the plane. (Or ship it, whichever, If ya ship it as a gift I don't know if the taxes/duties will be any less?) GC on 14th Street have a few good import models, but no USA's. I think they have a soloist, but don't recall seeing it last time I was there.

So it's a family trip, eh? Still cool. Drop us a line regardless when ya get in, we'll meet up and hang for a bit, even if it's just at a diner or somethin. Bring the family [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I´m not even sure that i´m going to get a new axe, but i just wanna know were to look for one if I have the chance to buy one.

And thank´s a lot for all the suggestions and help, this is what makes the jcf such a great forum!

Comment

ditto on checking out Guitar Asylum...they have great jackson customs, usa's etc. it's probably about an hour or so drive outside of the city

Comment

Working...
                              X