Help with these serial numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with these serial numbers

I ran across 3 guitars in the back of a shop. The owner said that they were new . I am trying to date them and get some advice on what they may be worth. They appeared in relatively new condition. C800856, 319732, 915712. they were all about $600-650 each. I want to buy one but I don't want to pay to much. I played the japanese version and the action was awesome. any help would be appreciated.
    Fender 52 Telecaster ri
    Charvel Journeyman
    81 Ibanez Iceman

Re: Help with these serial numbers

All 3 are Imports, the C is a Charvel Model Series or Toothpaste Neckthru.

The other 2 are Blot on Imports, the 9xxxxx IIRC from Japan, not sure on the 3xxxxx..... ALthough the 9xxxxx may also be a USA San dimas Reissue, but I think they started w/ 96 and 97 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

More info on the guitars would DEFINITELY help [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

95 for the SDIs, 96 and up for the import Jacksons.
      C is definitely a Model model from 1988 (Japan neckthrough).
      The 3 I'd say is a bolt-on Model model (Japan also).
      Not sure on the 9.

What logoes did they have, Charvel or Jackson? If Charvel logoes, were any of them shaped like a guitar, or were they written in script like a Jackson logo?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

the 915712 said jackson professional series and had three single pups. The C800856 was a neckthrough, the 319732 i think had a desert crackle finish. they all had dot inlays, pick ups were labeled jackson. floyd rose tremelos on all. are they worth the money? I want to buy my 1st charvel or jackson and thought a vintage may be better.which would be the best bet. thanks all.
        Fender 52 Telecaster ri
        Charvel Journeyman
        81 Ibanez Iceman

Comment

the logos are the written ones
          Fender 52 Telecaster ri
          Charvel Journeyman
          81 Ibanez Iceman

Comment

All of those prices are pretty much double what the real world is paying for those guitars. That doesn't make them bad guitars, just overpriced.

Of course you may be in Europe or South America for all we know because your profile is empty. If you are overseas, these prices may not be too bad.

Just my opinion, actual mileage may vary. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              ALthough the 9xxxxx may also be a USA San dimas Reissue, but I think they started w/ 96 and 97

[/ QUOTE ]

95xxxx or 96xxxx would be usa charvel
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

915712 with three singles? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Did it look like this?
                http://autumn-frost.com/ForSale/JX10/

But this one doesn't say Professional, and the "91" at the front is throwing me off, because they stuck with "96" and "97" serials from 1996 to present, just adding one more number (or two) at the end.

I wonder if it's a Spectrum with a Jackson neck and a plate from something else? http://www.gbase.com/Powered/GearDetails...76a&Item=772609

But anyway, those prices are indeed double what they normally sell for these days. Those are used USA or 1990/91 neckthrough Professional prices - if you have $650 to spend, email them about this one that no one seems to want (for some reason) - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...308461211&rd=1
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Of course you may be in Europe or South America for all we know because your profile is empty.

[/ QUOTE ] Look under his user name to the left of his post. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Isn't New Jersey a foreign country? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Isn't New Jersey a foreign country? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

At least I'm not from New Jersey [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That wasn't there this morning [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

easy on nj.. the home of hair metal
                            Fender 52 Telecaster ri
                            Charvel Journeyman
                            81 Ibanez Iceman

Comment

Uh oh, more Jersey bashing [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Comment

Working...
                              X