usa or japanese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usa or japanese?

i recently bought a charvel and was wondering if its usa or japanese.it would be nice to know the year and type as well.its a candy red neck thru,shark inlays,usa kahler.serial number is C606563.EMG and Jackson active pickups.Jackson tuners,3 coil taps,mohogany body,24 frets.any info would be appreciated.i also have a jackson that was previously owned by patrick lachman serial number j10256 and any info on this would be appreciated.thanks!!!
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Re: usa or japanese?

Japanese made in 1986. All neckthrough Charvels are Japanese-made.

And defintitely post a pic of the Pat Lachman - J10256 would be 1991 Japanese Professional neckthrough. You sure it's not U10256? That would be a USA Select from 2001 (I think, maybe 2000 - when did they do U10000?)
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, I don't think Customs have gotten that high in serialization, yet, right? j10256???
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

my bad.it is a U.what info can i get on this?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          my bad.it is a U.what info can i get on this?

[/ QUOTE ] Post a pic of it. U s/n's are USA Select, not Custom Shop.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I dunno, what's it look like? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            All we can tell you is the year according to the Serial Number Chart - http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/serials.htm
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

welcome to the board Guitars_N_Hockey! Two of my favorite things [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey Guitars_N_Hockey, newbie to newbie, welcome. Can you post some pics?
                MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Someone on the board has a USA CS Charvel neckthru.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    welcome to the board Guitars_N_Hockey! Two of my favorite things [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    same here.im either at a club/concert or catching some local hockey in the dallas ft worth area-and yes there is good hockey in North texas!
                    ill post some pics ill see where i can put them...

Comment

heres a pic of my red charvel(with emg/jackson active pickups-so close to the van halen tone on the first few albums),the black jackson that belonged to pat lachman, my jrr-94 jackson concept with a dimebucker and my king v with a seymour replacement in the bridge.the tone of these guitars ran thru my marshall mode mode 4 is unbeleivable.The two V`s are detuned for death metal type stuff and the two others are 80 to modern sounding.ill have pics up of all my guitars on my web site soon.ive got a few others but the jacksons are the shiznit...

]

Comment

Your Charvel is a Model 6 but the body wings are poplar, not mahogany. Excellent guitars...basically a Jap Soloist except with a rosewood fretboard. The black one appears to be a run-of-the-mill SL2H.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

the charvel was made in 86?and actually,i think the charvel plays smoother than the jackson but i havent had the jackson set up yet,the charvel plays awesome.any more info on these guitars?thanks!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            (...- when did they do U10000?)

[/ QUOTE ]

They did that sometime in 2002, if I remember correctly, when the JCF was still on EZBoard. It was a snakeskin soloist if I remember correctly.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

the neck thru charvel is japanese and made in 86.what year and model is the black pat lachman guitar?where do i look for serial numbers and info so i can find this out for myself?i really do appreciate the info from you guys tho.this site is a immense help.horns up!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X