Jackson Custom Shop TV Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Shop TV Show?

So I'm watching that Orange County Choppers TV show again last night. And I'm thinking to myself: "Man I don't know squat about choppers or how to build them. Never even rode one. So WTF do I ALWAYS stop and watch this show whenever channel surfing?" [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Well after thinking it through for a bit, I guess it's mainly because:

- It's engaging to watch that custom s**t going through the various stages of design and build. Even the trips to suppliers, etc.
    - The end product is just cool as all hell to see. Despite the fact that I have no real world interest to go out and buy one, nor learn to ride 'em.
    - The clashing personalities and doofus younger brother are entertaining to watch. Like a freakin' car accident, you just can't turn away. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well s**t, man, don't you think that formula will work for a TV show at the J/C custom shop?! [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

The only thing that might be missing is the clashing/entertaining personalities part. Maybe it's there, maybe it ain't. I don't know the guys there, personally. But, even so, you could say try and bring back Grover and Wayne, and have them battle it out. Or have the occassional nutball rock star drop in to hassle 'em about their guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Whatcha' think? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson Custom Shop TV Show?

i can't watch occ much anymore; paul and paulie's narrations finally got to me after awhile. i love mikey, though.

i think occ would be a good drinking game. participants drink when you hear the following:

"to be honest, i really wasn't into the project until...."
    "all in all, things really started to come together when..."
    "clean up those god damned coffee cups!"
    "you're late!"

etc...

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

however, i love the idea of a guitar version of this.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      This should be very interesting.
      Maybe not just the Jackson Custom Shop.
      Get Fender involved since they are in the same property.
      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Then dealers like Matt's and Vwall often show up as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        i think occ would be a good drinking game. participants drink when you hear the following:

"you're late!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, "this is really unlike anything we have ever done."

I can't stop watching the show however.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Not a bad idea. I bet more people own guitars than bikes. However, the bikes and cars have a common appeal. There would have to be something else to draw people in. Arguments, hot chicks, rock stars...all those things would help. Even 1 season would be cool.

Comment

A really cool idea!
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              i can't watch occ much anymore; paul and paulie's narrations finally got to me after awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats getting to me as well. It's so scripted it's not funny. I still watch it though.

I like American Hot Rod better even though it's even worse with that narrations.

More quotes.....

"He needs my size 12's to motivate him."
              "Yatzee!"
              "He doesnt realize that nobody responds to his yelling."
              "I love my daddy"

The J/C show would be a killer idea. Too bad the reality TV thing is already saturated with shows.
              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                "you're late!"

[/ QUOTE ]

That´s the keyword here I guess.

However, great idea [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

"you're late!"
                  sully

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets not forget the most famous Paul Sr qoute of them all

"I'm gettin Aggravated!"

Comment

I mentioned this idea to Wayne Charvel when I saw him at NAMM 2004. He liked the idea, but alas, a year and a quarter later... No American Guitar..
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

that is such an awesome idea! it would be great for j/c guitars, just look at what the show has done for occ.

Comment

I think that alot of the interest in American Chopper is that the finished product costs over $100K. With a little saving, almost anyone can buy the guitar they want. But it would be cool to see a show like that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I was thinking about this too when I happened to watch OCC last week (I usually don't)... anyone got connections to the TV/Media industry? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua"> this is too funny, every time I see that show, my wife and I think the same exact thing! I should be doing this! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              i can't watch occ much anymore; paul and paulie's narrations finally got to me after awhile. i love mikey, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              we were just talking about that the other night. Obviously the whole show isn't scripted, the guys talk quite naturally amongst themselves. But when they're talking to camera, I just imagine some director going "That was GREAT, Paulie. But could we just get one more take. And this time, can you seem more frustrated with Big Paul hassling you about the time it's taking to build this bike?"

It's not just Paul & Paulie though. Vinnie & Mikey are just the same talking to camera.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X