2005 Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Changes

Can somebody please post a list of changes that J/C made to the lineup for this year.
    I heard that some colors were cut, and some bodystyles were discontinued, but I haven't seen any details.

Thanks in advance.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Re: 2005 Changes

the silver swirl and green ghost flames finishes have been discontinued, i think there are a few others but cant remember which ones. also i think i read that the sl2ht has been discontinued but again i'm not sure.

Comment

This new-fangled internet thing can be very informative.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resources/jackson.pdf

http://www.charvelguitars.com/pricelist.pdf

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        This new-fangled internet thing can be very informative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Unless you're a complete dumbass and forget to look.
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It answers my question though. No RH Yellow anymore.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

"RH" as is Road Hazard Yellow? That was never an available color. Only done for a couple of GXP special runs.

The only yellow previously available (now discontinued) on USA models was yellow w/gold pearl.

Comment

There is a Road Hazard DXMG available at Guitar Express.

Road Hazard Yellow DXMG
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I was thinking of the yellow pearl color. I thought it was coded as RH.

The DXMG looks cool, but I'm thinking SL1T for this project.

Comment

They dropped the JJ, the SLATQH, the SLS and all 3 of the Sweetone guitars.
                They also cut their finish options basically in half.
                Plus they cut their left hand offerings.
                Did I forget anything???

Comment

Yeah, their color selections are pathetic now. Silver, Gold, Candy Apple Green, Blood Drip, Amber Sunburst, Violin Brown... gone.
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Maybe if you guys stopped crying and had started buying, those colors wouldn't have been dropped!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

GX did the run of 10 Violin Browns. I just bought a Silver guitar last year. Does the ugly Burnt Cherry Sunburst, and the dated Yellow Bengal and Pile O'Skulls really sell that well?

I find it hard to believe that Trans Green is really more popular than Violin Brown. Not hard to believe they've MADE more green ones, since VB was a new color. Just hard to believe they think they could sell more green ones.

Comment

Yup. Don't you remember the thread where I interviewed John Walker about this at NAMM? He and Tim Wilson did a sales chart by model and color/graphic for the last 3 years or so. The colors that were dropped did not sell well at all. Talking like 1-3 guitars per YEAR. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'll go find the link, if the Search function wants to function for me.

Comment

Here it is

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&Number=374567

Comment

Violin Brown was only offered for one or two years, and I know it sold well more than 6 units. GX got 10 in one order. There was also a Y2KV run that I'm aware of.

The SL2H-MAH was a limited run of 200 pieces, which I presumed to be 20 each of the 10 trans colors they offered at the time. I was waiting for it to appear in Violin Brown, but it never did that I know of. I even called Jason at DCGL and asked a couple of times. He had already gotten a few in other finishes. Since it was a limited run he wasn't sure of how to secure more than what he'd already received, other than a custom order. If they don't make guitars in some finishes, of course those finishes aren't going to sell.

As was noted in the other thread, their cutting back on finishes is not because they don't sell. That's a lie. It's for the same reasons that Ibanez, Fender, Gibson, etc. only offer a limited (sometimes rotating) selection of finishes. The company doesn't want to be bothered with having to offer diversity.

Comment

Word.

Comment

Working...
                              X